Welcome to The TimeGhost Army Community Forum

Anyone know how to get permission to post on the Discord server?

2 Likes

Now that I think about it, neither have I! So, 8 months later… I’m a 20-something part German* Freemason with Asperger’s from a town just west of Austin, Texas who’s trying to get through college without getting into debt^. For as long as I can remember, I’ve loved history. My passion is the geopolitical aspects such as the interactions between different leaders & their countries. I also like looking into current world politics & well-developed fictional worlds.

As for WWII, my great-grandfather was stationed in the Panama Canal while his wife’s 4 brothers were in just about every major front the U.S. was involved in during the war.

*With ancestry also from the British Isles, Huguenots, & a tiny bit of Coushatta.

^So far, so good.

Oh & I also post weekly overviews listing all current belligerents of the war here & on YouTube.

5 Likes

Hi this is Nick, I left a comment on your video almost a month ago. I am the guy who wrote about the book my great grandfather had about his unit’s time in the service. I was told to come here and to get in contact with a man named Joram. I have left a comment before but could not get any response. I don’t know if this is how to contact Joram, if I am making a mistake I would appreciate if someone would tell me. I am hoping to get in contact with him soon. If you know him could tag him please? Thank you. @Joram @Indy

6 Likes

Glad to be joining the timeghost army for the first time. And to do just in time for the Great Patriotic war! I’m still ready to contribute research and material to Operation Barbarossa and I want to be in on everything from the outset. Keep up the good work!

5 Likes

Timeghost I’m a fan of your WWII show since it came out and i decided to join the timeghost army. Im currently studying 20th century history at the university of Toronto where I live, though I’m currently stuck in Cayman islands due to the corona pandemic. I’m really interested in contributing research and material to the eastern front, in particular the siege of Leningrad. If you need it send me a post. I’m eager to start. Thank you!

5 Likes

Forgot to introduce myself as well - I’ve been following you guys since TGW, and I’ve watched every single episode so far, I’m more than glad to support the team. Patreon for I think 4 months now!

Keep at it TG crew!

Best regards from Romania - grandson of a highly decorated WW2 airforce veteran.

4 Likes

Very very welcome here, if you want to I would love to hear more about Rumanian and the WW2 history.

Best Regards,
Chewie/Marc

4 Likes

Hey,

New here. I am an expat living in Shenzhen China (soon to be moving back to Shanghai). I am originally from New Orleans. I am social studies teacher in international school or bilingual schools. I teach history, geography mostly but also in past, I have taught Political science, economics, sociology and anthropology. I have taught mostly IB, but also AP courses.

You may recognize me from my comments on youtube.

Pike

6 Likes

hey all! i’m new here so this is my first post! as a collector and historian I really love all these series and the lengths of depth each of the video goes into!

if anyone at all is curious its militiaria I collect, not just soviet as my username would suggest but most countries and various time periods though mostly ww2 and early postwar

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum, we need you now as the USSR unwillingly joined the war. :+1:t3::+1:t3:

4 Likes

Hello everyone,
I actually learned of TimeGhost/WWII when some of the videos were featured on a Twitch stream I watch. From there, regular viewing was not far away. Watching through the series (I started with Between Two Wars, as prep for WWII), I kept thinking ‘you know, this is excellent, and important, content. I should seriously think about supporting it’. I remember the exact moment when I knew I had to support it. It was the final moment, of the last episode, of Between Two Wars. Indy snaps his fingers, the lights go out, and the world is at war. That was so well executed, I needed to be a part of this.

I’ve had a passion for history (my specialty is naval) all my life and it’s a delight to find a community & content creators who share that passion. Likewise the recognition of the eternal fascination, and relevance, of what has come before.

Cheers!

5 Likes

Hello everyone, is there a topic for proposing a historical figure for the dicktionary series?

3 Likes

From - Americ
a as well - ARE YOU KIDDING

3 Likes

Greetings from America! I joined this evening as a sort of early birthday present to myself since I have enjoyed the World War 2 Channel particularly and went back and “caught up” to present day/ present time in what has to be the biggest binge-watching in history. There’s just so much there.

I do wish there was a way to join different branches of the Time Ghost Military - all of my active service was U.S. Navy.

4 Likes

Hi, new to this forum. I started watching the WW2 episodes on the Winter War, got hooked, and started on B2W. Looking for CaH soon. Great content, and a really great look to your productions. Indie, my first guess was that you must be an actor, but it seems you are a historian. That was my second guess, lol.
Me: boomer, navy veteran, son and grandson of navy veterans. Grandfather was a captain in the Royal Navy, and was at Scapa Flow and the Battle of Jutland during the Great War, also went to Boer War.
I love the perspective from Europeans and others on history I have only heard the American side of previously. Keep up the great work !

8 Likes

Hi Welcome to the forum. I think Indy is actually both. Lots of historians so other work as well (including me as my MA in history was basically a hobby later in life).

He is also in Star Wars Battlefront 2 see imdb

Have fun here and there are a lot of different perspectives from different countries here. Too bad the planned fan meeting in Honolulu/Pearl is off the table. Hopefully they will be possible again at some time in the future.

If you can add some naval expertise that is also most welcome. I have a boating license for private boats and that is it.

Best Regards,
Marc

3 Likes

Hi there folks. I’m new to this forum. I’m from Bochum, Germany, but moved here from Ukraine back in the late 90ies.

My very first experience with you guys or to be precise was with TGW. I watched them week by week as it all unfolded. Back then i was studying history in Germany and almost instantly fell in love with this kind of history presentation, especially Indy’s style moderating things.
I can’t stress enough how glad i am for all the work this team puts into all of the series.
I’m a big a fan of Indy’s intros and of Spartacus’ endings within war against humanity, they both supplement eachother pretty well there. :smiley:

Considering WWII, my family fought on the soviet side, i know about my grand-grand mothers father, that he fought his last stand at Kiew, when the city fell and of some relatives fighting to free Leningrad from it’s encirclement as well as my grandfather’s uncle, who went missing by scouting out the German advance on Stalingrad.
Said grand-grand mother had been the only one ive met who survived the war, since she had been the only survivor of her family after she managed to escape a small concentration camp in Ukraine together with a friend.

So im excited to watch your content, interact here with people and contributing material which i could provide considering the soviet side in particular.
I’m an history buff at heart and wanted to support you for a long time, so yeah now im here. :slight_smile:

Best regards.

6 Likes

Awesome, a great Welcome to TGW.

4 Likes

Oh man, I finally decided to pull the trigger and join this great community. As a history lover first and an aspiring film maker second, I fell in love with the way this channel communicates its stories since the first world war and wish to learn more from everyone here and build upon what I already know. Very pleased to take part in this journey with all you guys and gals.

5 Likes

Glad tk have you onboard gentlemen, lots of stuff to read and discuss. :+1::+1::+1:

6 Likes