Welcome to The TimeGhost Army Community Forum

Hi I’m new on the site.

4 Likes

Hey @keesvanwinssen, welcome!

3 Likes

Thanks great to be here been following the channel since the beginning finaly made the step to join the community.

4 Likes

Will you also have some sections of funnier myths and legends of WW2 like in NZ case Charles Upham Getting one of his VC in Yellow socks. Of the German U-boat crew that milked a cow when doing a long range petrol for the Japan around New Zealand?? Some true but some not But would be a fun sort of thing to have as a compaction or just something to let the views know the following week if it’s true or not.

5 Likes

Hello everybody,

I am new to the site and would like to say hi.

I am originally from Italy, grew up in Germany and currently living in Prague. I will never forget that day when a good friend of mine opened up the Great War youtube channel and mentioned: “Hey, have you heard about these guys doing WW1 in real-time?” Since then I have been completely hooked-up and probably watched every episode twice. I also visited one of the meetups in Hamburg and looking forward to more of those with the timeghost army.

What I am specifically interested in are all side stages, unknown events and background stories of WW2 that did not make the headlines. If anyone is from Germany, you might probably know the historian Guido Knopp who made so many tv documentaries about D-Day, Stalingrad and other main operations and theatres that you can’t hear it anymore. :wink:

What I am also looking for is to visit the original war locations of WW2.
For example, there is the Kraliky fortified sector, a defensive line in the Czech Republic built in the interwar years to defend Czechoslovakia from northern invaders. During the occupation, the Germans used the bunkers as test objects for experimental ‘Röchling shells’. I had no idea it existed until I found it randomly.

As you might know yourself, it is often not quite easy to convince non-enthusiasts to visit such places and it is much more fun to go in a group.

Let me know if you would be interested in visiting this or any other location in central & western Europe.

All the best!

Ciao!

7 Likes

Just saying hi to all of you and I wanna thank TimeGhost crew the excellent, top quality content they create.
I’m a newcomer, as I discovered Great War channel a couple months ago thanks to Sabaton History channel. Watched all regular episodes in a rapid run and then, starting WW2 channel was just evident. I became a patron too because I know few other projects that worth my money so much.

So, keep calm and carry on, I’m nagging all of my history lover friends to check your work out. :grin:

6 Likes

My boyfriend has a dream to do a holiday once along the route of 101st airborne division (as described in Band of Brothers), in Normandie, the Netherlands, Belgium, etc. but I don’t know when will we have enough money for that.

6 Likes

Aww, that’s so sweet. Reminds me of Grandpa a bit. I hope this dream comes true for you and your boyfriend. :grin:

6 Likes

I don’t really know where to ask this…but Spartacus, and all the TG crew, aren’t you planning to do bio special episodes in WW2 as they were ‘Who did what’ in Great War? I know everything needs money & time, but, if you would ever do it, I would be happy to help you out with research about Robert Capa, the famous war photographer. As a Hungarian (and a hobby photographer), I’d be extremly happy about such a special episode.

5 Likes

I hope you get to make that tour one time! As for the Who did what series: we’d love to do those, but we don’t have the resource capacity yet to produce a steady flow of specials for the ww2 series. When B2W is finished (at least the writing/shooting part) in the fall, we have tons of extra research capacity, and we’ll probably be able to do more specials (including bios). Robert Capa is High on my wish list as well, very interesting figure!

7 Likes

Guys, Youtube deleted Week’s 038 episode ( May 18, 1940 - The German Breakthrough in the West) because of “hate speech”! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

#@&€#%€$?! When will YouTube get a spine that does not needs a handjob to remain consistent on a single video /rant.

4 Likes

I remember a similar situation that happened to Grant Hurst (The Casual Historian), when his video about the origins and evolution of Holocaust Denial was deleted by YouTube for “hate speech” (it’s now back on YouTube, albeit demonetized)

Here’s his blog post about the deletion of the video:

Here’s the video in question:

4 Likes

I really hate this policy of Youtube, Facebook, etc. that if even one person flags a content as inapropriate, it will be deleted immediately, without any check by a living human being. It might had happened with ww2 video too, I don’t really see other option why has it been deleted now, months after its upload. Maybe someone saw something in it he didn’t like, and this is his ‘revenge’.
I remember Facebook once deleted a post of mine about South-American native people because of violating policy about nudity and sexuality. Well, yes, there was a pic in the shared article about these people, and it’s true, they don’t wear much clothes.

5 Likes

Well i am new here, the video with the cats and the vacuum cleaner confine me, this is a place i should be part of, so Hi everybody.

10 Likes

Hi, everyone. Long time viewer, just now joining up here and on patreon. Can’t wait to see what you guys have in store for us

7 Likes

Well worth a visit, the 75th Anniversary is coming up and with it lots and lots of activities. I live in the Eindhoven area and thus very close to where the “Angels of the sky” as people here called them landed.

5 Likes

Hi how is going?? Its nice here

5 Likes

Hi this is Nick from your comments section of your video on September 14th 1940. I previously wrote to Indy and crew about the book my Great Grandfather got after the war. I was told by Indy to reach out here to a man named Joram, and that he would put us in touch from there. I have no idea if this is the right section to post this so if I am making a mistake please feel free to correct me. Thank you for your time.

7 Likes

Hi, I’ve been posting here for quite a while but made no official presentation so far.
I’m an Italian engineering student at the last year of his master but I’ve always been passionate about history.
If any of you WWII aficionados passes by Pisa I’ll gladly offer you a beer and talk about the role that this city had during the war.

7 Likes