Dear TimeGhost Army,
We are very happy with the results of the last few picture hunts, you’re really helping us a lot here! We’re still not getting too much suggestions for video footage, but the photo’s are great. Keep it up!
You can help us by finding public domain photos or videos from the Reuters Archive . The Free Finnish Defence Forces Archive might be especially useful for the Finnish parts of this episode. If you want the urls to all the sources, click here !
Have you found one of them? Write ‘which of the listed pictures it is’, ‘the url where you found it’ and ‘the licensing situation’.
- Germany troops in January 1940 (preferably a lot of them in one shot. Parade or inspection, troops at the fronts would be fine too)
- Photo of German workers late 1930’s
- German train arriving in a station in 1940 (video footage?)
- Photo of the German War industry 1939 and early 1940.
- French defensive forces, January 1940.
- French armoured/mechanized army during the phoney war.
- French defensive positions/guards/patrols on the western front during the phoney war.
- Footage/photo of Josephine Baker or Maurice Chevalier performing.
- German Enigma Machine in the 1930’s.
- Photo of Marian Rejewski
- Photo of Bletchley Park, England.
- Photo of Dilly Knox’s decryption team.
- Photo of Alan Turing
- Soviet Artillery or Soviet Artillery transport in January 1940.
- The Finnish Poppius Bunker near the Lähde Road, Winter War.
- Soviet camouflaged 6 inch cannon, 1940.
- Photo of German major General Friedrich Mieth
- Polish workers, 1940.