9/11 20th anniversary poll

Sorry while I did get the message and I did briefly log on it was 3am my time and I was too tired to be an effective contributor. :grinning:

Also on that day 20 years ago I was glued to my TV bouncing between CBC and BBC World as they gave fairly accurate reports and had several updated news feeds. CNN and fox News looped the same images almost 2 days straight and rarely offered up any meaningful news which is also understandable the US and much of the world was in Shock.

2 Likes

It’s 4:49 p.m. EDT now, you can still join in now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for hosting Norman

4 Likes

I did join in for an hour or so on the day (I think I was the anonymous giraffe on the Kosmi chat). Thanks for putting this together. I wouldn’t say I enjoyed it, but I appreciated it.

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: And may we never forget that day (and I’m not saying that in an obligatory way, of course).

2 Likes

Maybe we can make this an yearly thing. Next year we can watch the ABC stream or something.

2 Likes

I’ll think about it… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@grayknight1781 @obiwanbul As you wish… I’ll be posting a new poll soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

21st anniversary stream alert!

I’m planning to do another stream the news coverage of the attacks on Kosmi for the purposes of remembering that fateful day. Make sure to vote before Sept. 11:

Which news network shall I go with for the 21st anniversary stream on Kosmi?

• American Broadcasting Co. (ABC)
  • Columbia Broadcasting System (CBS)
  • Cable News Network (CNN)
  • Fox News Channel (FOX)
  • National Broadcasting Co. (NBC)
  • Other news network (please specify)

0 voters

The CBC is not in this poll since I’ve streamed CBC’s coverage last year. The BBC’s out because I’m still unable to find enough videos to make for my intended 24-hour stream.
4 Likes

3 weeks to go before the poll closes!

3 Likes

It’s actually going to be the 21st anniversary. And I’d go with NBC

3 Likes

As I have noted in the poll itself :slight_smile:

Last year, for the 20th, I streamed CBC’s coverage of the event.

4 Likes

Also, make sure to vote here:

4 Likes

2 weeks to go!

2 Likes

Sadly I have give it a miss as I am in Normandy then picking up Brigadeers from the train station an maybe do a visit too the other operation Sea Lion that worked (the 1066 Bayeux Tapestry​:smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:). GO Normans :smirk_cat::smile_cat:

Chew and there is still space on Europe’s left coast!

4 Likes

10 days to go!

Make your choices too @adamsano @nicholasrusson_58993 @dan.harnden @1nt17cs152.ritvik @finn @dearth @sjwoz

3 Likes

well… I was hoping to see this from uh… something that is not from the American Point. Different contexts are good.

Plus… I don’t get why you would inflict the same pain on you over and over again. Say… If I had a grandfather…in a fatal car crash and I had footage of it, I would not be watching it over and over again. So… Why do you do the 9/11 anniversary every year and watch the planes crashing into the twin towers over and over again?

2 Likes

I did last year for the 20th anniversary with the Canadian perspective on 9/11.

2 Likes

It’s an anniversary livestream of how the news covered it at the time. We could analyze their coverage, what they got right and wrong and how simple mistakes here and there can warp narratives. We could also discuss our individual experiences of that day.

4 Likes

I only did it once last year. Besides, horrific an event this may be, it’s also one of the most interesting, especially regarding research and the news coverage.

3 Likes