Trust level issues

@Chewbacca @avalantis It happened again, fellas. Nearly two weeks now. If it crosses a month, I would be unable to edit posts a month old.

4 Likes

relayed to higher levels :wink:

3 Likes

Please do. I want to edit before I lose them forever. :cold_sweat:

3 Likes

Well awaiting an answer in the app group :wink:

4 Likes

Any response? Timetable for a response?

2 Likes

Never got one, unless @Chewbacca has some updates. :frowning:

3 Likes

I just privately mailed Norman. Spartacus himself is not busy with this but someone else in the team is. I will relay any message from the app-group. (There is not much happening in the appgroup but feel free to upgrade to join us :slight_smile: ) Any donation is much much appreciated BTW

4 Likes

Well that’s good enough for me. But worded rather bizarrely for me. Coming from a computer background, I think of appgroup as programmers and designers of….well apps.

Didn’t see a donation tier for appgroup. This isn’t some conspiracy group that runs the shadow TimeGhost empire is it? Hail Hydra!:grinning:

4 Likes

LOL Well in NL we shorten a WhatsApp group to app group, maybe :thinking: like the German handy for cellphone it doesn’t translate :joy::joy:

The team is a badly kept secret :shushing_face: as the keep making vids.

3 Likes

Hi @NormanStewart ,

I noticed this post, but haven’t taken any action myself because I figured someone would get back to you.

Is this problem still relevant? If so, what did you get demoted to and what was it before? Are you talking trust level or Group?

4 Likes

Not now, I got my trust level 3 back.

3 Likes

However, I only got it back after over a month, despite writing a 5,000-post thread on America at war.

2 Likes

So this is the holy place you come to, when You get a trust level promotion? :smiley:

3 Likes

lol, no, not exactly.

2 Likes

Now I am dissapointed - was already looking forward to an exciting secret acceptance ceremony with you old guys :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That’s unfortunate. I hope it’s okay for you now. Normally I don’t handle these sort of support requests directly, but feel free to PM me if it happens again. Although I’m not active in the forums myself.

Is it so that you keep losing your trust level for some reason?

2 Likes

The last time I did, it was early March and I got it back within days. I don’t know what happened in June-July though.

2 Likes

I see. Unfortunately Discourse promotes/demotes users depending on their activity. Although there is a grace period of a few weeks, some inactivity can lead to someone losing their trust level. If it happens again let me know and I’ll see whether I can either change some settings regarding the trust_level criteria or add you to a group that contains a certain trust level.

4 Likes

Thanks. I’ll be sure to inform you if it happens again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, I will give you the secret question to join our cult (if anyone reads just ignore and forget). Do you like "The Ghostbusters (Remake doesn’t count) or are you a Ghostbuster?

2 Likes