YOU WANT A CHANCE TO DECIDE OUR CONTENT?

Originally published at: YOU WANT A CHANCE TO DECIDE OUR CONTENT? – TimeGhost

Yes, you read that right! Since you all are what makes our work possible, we want to let you chime in on what we should do next. We’ve put together a list of 10 fascinating people who were all involved in WW2 in one way or another, and we want YOU to decide which of…

4 Likes

(edit, saw the question before the list of options was presented, still a good idea) Canadian William Stephenson … code name: Intrepid. Responsible for the BSC, based out of NY City’s Rockefeller Center, posing as a British passport office. Manned mostly with Canadian security professionals for the RCMP. That is quite the story unto itself and an interesting biography to have. His infantry start in WWI. Moving to aviation recon then military intelligence. Between the wars he builds contacts for business purposes many of whom will be helpful during the next war. (off the top of my head, the book: a Man called Intrepid would be a good source). If you need it, let me know, i can order it for you.

4 Likes

I’m definitely for “Mad Jack” Churchill. All deserve a bio episode, but I think he should be first because his story is almost unbelievable.

3 Likes

I’d vote Lee Miller and Walt Disney. Though some MOHs are also under consideration for me.

3 Likes

I hate choosing but here is my list:

IAN FLEMING – British naval intelligence officer who was the father of James Bond and the spy novel

Well, his name apparantly popped up in declassified records on the pinch approach. (And not through Basil Exposition :wink:

IRENA SENDLER – Polish nurse in the Underground Resistance who smuggled Jewish children out of the ghetto

That alone deserves a mention

LEE MILLER – American photographer and war correspondent during the London Blitz, the liberation of Paris, and the liberation of Dachau and Buchenwald

She also features in one of the Felton videos, she did great work.

JOE MEDICINE

After running into a First Nation on Juno Beach (Saskatchewan) film crew I became very interested.

2 Likes

Ian Fleming gets my vote with Irene Sendler second and Mad Jack third

On a side note kind of disappointed to not see William Stephenson on the list as he is the father of modern espionage

3 Likes