World War Two Begins - WW2 September 8 1939

Originally published at: http://timeghost.tv/world-war-two-begins-ww2-september-8-1939/

Facebook Twitter Google+ EmailLink The German-Polish war is the match that ignites the flames that finally burn British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain’s appeasement efforts to the ground. Between 2 Wars: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list… Written and Hosted by: Indy Neidell Produced and Directed by: Spartacus Olsson and Astrid Deinhard Executive Producers: Bodo Rittenauer, Astrid Deinhard, Indy Neidell, Spartacus…

2 Likes

We did some improvements to the presentation for this episode and would love to hear what you think…

2 Likes

Very good start! Can’t wait when the channel will, ultimately, grow bigger in resources

3 Likes

Love the red circles rising when you mention a place… that map of Poland used…ehh…a tad distracting and ahem “bad”. A shame ‘cause I loved the one used in the first video.

3 Likes

It’s a not so great compromise - the map in episode 1 was just a zoom on the world map - here we needed to go closer and then that map started getting totally pixelated and unreadable. Now that we’ve started growing, I’m hoping we can soon start outsourcing the map making to a real pro instead of my half backed rushed attempts :wink:

3 Likes

So, ehm, how do I watch this again?

1 Like

Either follow the link in the OP, or go to Patreon and watch it there. Alternatively go to ‘content’ (all content) on the site and you shall find it as the first post. As soon as we have time we will set up the WW2 subset and then it will be easier to find.

1 Like

Link from the op sends me to https://www.youtube.com/oops with “Invalid parameters” error.
I’m a kickstarter supporter so I don’t have Patreon access. Actually I get an error message when I click “read more” on the first post.
And site. Well it doesn’t work for me from home for a couple of months or something. Gotta watch from work, I suppose.

Maybe not :wink: I emailed you the link…

1 Like

@Sampath, what could be wrong?

1 Like

Thanks, time to get my fix of WW2 :wink:

2 Likes

Just to clarify, this is what I get when I try to click “Show Full Post…”

3 Likes

I’m struggling a bit to process hearing Indy say “German quartermaster general” and then not follow it with “Erich Ludendorf.”

9 Likes

#notmyquartermastergeneral

7 Likes

I want to offer some feedback on the logo (the WW2 dog-tag), I think it would be better if, like the first episode, it had the ‘WW2 in real time subtitle’. As it is, the thumbnails seem a bit empty and that tagline helps it stand out even more from all those… inferior documentaries.

2 Likes

I agree and I tried that, but so far I haven’t found a way that works in small sizes. Maybe we find a way…

2 Likes

How did Churchill recovered his Lord of the Admirality title, after the Gallipolli campaign on the Great War? Weren’t other candidates considered?

1 Like

He had stood out as the most vociferous opponent of appeasement - this and a lot of unrelated political setbacks had left him out in the cold for many years in the 30s, although Gallipoli was by then not an issue - anyway, when Germany invaded Poland, he was instantly vindicated. Winston himself wanted a position with direct influence on the military and at that point, any cabinet position was in his grasp (except MP, of course - that only came into play later :wink: )

3 Likes