What is that hip flask?

I don’t really know where to put it, but I have a question about an item on set.
Because I own two of it and have personally used one of them.
Where did you get the “Flachmann” (hip flask) on Indys desk, introduced in episode 033, noticed by me now in episode 034?
It’s probably totally unrelated to the war and maybe even very profane, but maybe not. So I’d like to know a bit more about that flask. Because I have two of them.
Thank you very much and I’m very pleased with your content so far.

4 Likes

It is in fact quite profane :wink: it’s mine and is a golfer’s hip flask with a carbine hook to hang it on your golf bag. To be honest I forget when I acquired it, but it was some time in the mid 1990s. I had a fondness for absinthe at the time and as it had just been legalised again back then it was not so easy to find (it’s still almost impossible to find the real kind outside of Switzerland) so I used that flask, and a few others I also own (and have appeared in our sets) to BMOA (Bring My Own Absinthe).

4 Likes

Thank you very much for the reply.
That answer is still interesting to me, because mine are older than the mid 1990s. I remember my grandfather told me he had one since “forever” around that time. He used them when going fishing and he was never a golfer. So probably very profane indeed. Bummer.

2 Likes