What happened to the Jews and resistance fighters in the territories that were occupier by Bulgaria?

https://ejournals.epublishing.ekt.gr/index.php/historein/article/view/2176/2016

2 Likes

What’s interesting about the Wiki article is that it mentions the Prilep incident. See, I had previously heard about the local Prilep policeman being killed and that a police station got shot at, but I always assumed those were two different incidents. Now, it turns out they were the same incident! Think about that: a 40 000 word Master Thesis about North Macedonian propaganda and I still gave them more credit than I should.

By the way, did you know that in 2012, when they released their Holocaust-anti-Bulgar-Fascist movie, they also released an anti-Greek film? Sadly, the former seemed to have drained the propaganda budget, so for Greece you got a bunch of Skype video calls. One of the horrible examples of Greek atrocities they had listed was an elderly gentleman laughingly talking about how:
“The Greek soldiers scolded me for speaking Macedonian. I told them that my donkey only understands me when I speak to it in Macedonian.”

2 Likes

I know the video of the Public broadcasting television which stated that all white men are “macedonoids” and the rest are “mongoloids”, “negrids” and “mulattos”, and this was “confirmed” by God in tv:

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I remember that. They first mentioned in BTV’s Macedonia special ‘Sorrow-donia’. I even remember someone uploaded it to YouTube with Greek subtitles, though it seems to have been pulled (BTV is very clingy with their copyright).

To this day I’m not entirely certain if the video was being serious or sarcastic. Though, if we’re honest, the fact it is uncertain should tell you everything you need to know.

2 Likes

It was promoted and financed by diaspora, it was serious. Just like Aristotel Tentov (a professor in a university) still speaks that the Rosetta Stone was decrypted and was written in the “ancient Macedonian language”

2 Likes

Diaspora you say? Hmm… It wouldn’t happen to be a certain Canadian-North-Macedonian businessman (can’t remember the name off the top of my head) who finances a mini-troll factory would it?

In fact, remember that Holocaust-anti-Bulgar-Fascist movie I mentioned? That had a lot of fake reviews on IMDB. Sadly, IMDB user reviews now only show usernames, but back in 2014 the usernames were covered by actual names. So, you would have -typicalfyromname69- presenting him or herself as “John Smithens from New York” etc. Thankfully, I have them all documented in my Master Thesis.

In the meantime, enjoy this definitely ‘legitimate’ review of the movie (it’s like they are literally addressing you and me :smiley: ):

I found this movie to be a beautiful love story while at the same time displaying the war-time atrocities of the Bulgarian Fascist Occupying Army. I read here many apologetic comments about the Bulgar massacres and genocide in Macedonia, of course, from Bulgarians and Greeks, who have a vested interest of presenting Republic of Macedonia in a bad light, as it makes their own fictitious national mythologies obvious lies. There is no need for apologias, the facts are clear, and luckily some of the few Macedonian Jews still surviving today are telling it as it was, as they saw it and experienced it (look it up on youtube, many interviews with survivors). They state very clearly: it was Bulgarian fascists that broke into their homes and threw them out in the middle of the night, it was Bulgarian fascists that loaded them into the trains to Treblinka Death Camp and gave the lists to the Germans. There are no two ways about it.

And for the little, insecure Greeks who forgot that Bulgaria was their eternal enemy and are now attacking the Republic of Macedonia as “having no history”, “being a new country” and similar BS, I have one question: did the population of the Republic of Macedonia fall from the sky suddenly in 1991? Because that is the only way not to have history - if they fell from the sky. What they would like the world to forget is that Macedonians have fought for their own country for MILLENIA, and were always beaten down by Greek and Bulgarian thugs. The people of RoM today are the descendants of the same people living there for the last 4000 years. Sometimes they were called Greeks, sometimes Romans, sometimes Bulgarians, some times something else, but they were ALWAYS there, and today, of their own free will, they choose to be called Ethnic Macedonians, WITHOUT disavowing millenia of history and ancestry in which they were called by other names. That’s all.

3 Likes

USHMM has an article on Bulgaria

It’s messy.

2 Likes

What is so messy about it? Outside of not including the part that Peshev was sentenced to 15 years in prison by the communists for anti-Semmitic activities, despite working actively to stop the deportations?

3 Likes