What do you think about the world at war show?

Personally I like the show so far ,I prefer this kind of format for ww2 documentary rather than the sensationalist one ,I liked the interview segment too and in some way the ww2 channel remind me of this serie (I don’t know why) ,while I still prefere eastory map compare to the one from that show but they were still good for the 70’

1 Like

I loved it, this show is one of the classics, very well done. The value of the interviews is that a lot of decision makers were still alive at the time. They really could convey the feeling and the problems they had to solve.

The Oradour-sur-Glane opening is still powerful and somewhat nightmare fuel nearly 47 years later.

Also, my favorite actor (a war hero) makes an appearance:
EXbWZE9WkAMzcqY

SPOILERS!

While leading the 445th Bombardment Group on January 7, 1944, during a mission to Ludwigshafen, Germany, Stewart made a decision in combat to not break formation from another group that had made an error in navigation. The other group lost four bombers in a subsequent interception, but Stewart’s decision possibly saved it from annihilation and incurred considerable damage to his own 48 aircraft. His decision resulted in a letter of commendation and promotion to major on January 20, 1944.

1 Like

it was a very good if now a little dated but was very well done. I liked the fact that they got to interview many of the people who were in charge . I saw in one episode an interview with Carl Dontiz head of the German Navy . as well as others . getting their personal stories on film was a great idea and it was narrated By sir Laurence Olivier . in 1973 , 74