Timeghost behind the scenes: when indy was a teenage superhero

Originally published at: TIMEGHOST BEHIND THE SCENES: WHEN INDY WAS A TEENAGE SUPERHERO – TimeGhost

So… it was the summer of 1986. I had just finished my first year at Wesleyan University and was 18 years old. I spent that summer in NYC living on the Lower East Side, which was both dangerous and magical way back then. I was a pizza guy. So one night at Save the Robots…

4 Likes

Holy shit, I was briefly in the city in the summer of '86 too! Though I haven’t seen Indy then. I went there to see my older sister Kate, who was studying at NYU.

We also moved there at the end of 1986, this time with a dear friend (my current best friend Rachel :wink: Some folks in the forum might remember her as the Kirsten Dunst lookalike) to celebrate New Year’s 1987 in Times Square. We stayed there until January 29, 1987. It was a great time.

5 Likes

Cool loved them​:frog::frog::frog:, great intro to the Renaissance for a lot of contemporaries. :+1:

And 1986 was also the year that Iron Eagle :eagle: with Louis Gossett came out. Got me interested in flying and my love for desert :cactus: landscapes. The 150 Aerobat racing the motorcycle is a classic :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I wonder whether Indy went to the Twin Towers… It was one of the most beautiful sights I’ve ever seen. Seeing the city from the South Tower’s Top of the World Deck was surreal and yet, we felt like we were the masters of the city. :laughing:

5 Likes

Indeed, I was up there in 1990 and was really impressed. Went to the freedom tower in 2018 or 19 and felt really sad at what happened still.

3 Likes

Indy was greatest superhero of all time, the Daily Bugle would not dare attack him in the news, and I’m sure he was approached by SHEILD Director Fury about the Avengers Initiative in ‘86.

4 Likes