TIMEGHOST BEHIND THE SCENES: Indy and the Millennium Falcon

Originally published at: TIMEGHOST BEHIND THE SCENES: Indy and the Millennium Falcon – TimeGhost

If you hold May the 4th as a special day, then this is the post for you! It’s time to follow Indy on a trip down memory lane, and into outer space… And yeah, that’s baby Indy in the candy-stripe pajama. You’re welcome. “Many people have pointed out the interstellar spacecraft in the background of…

3 Likes

My family, except for my mother and I, saw Star Wars in theaters. My oldest sister loved it so much (you might consider her one of the earliest Star Wars fans).

I, on the other hand, was first exposed to Star Wars through Return of the Jedi at the age of 7 (still 6½ at that time, but hey, it’s 1983) and I remember not being particularly impressed with it when we saw it in theaters. I was more a Trekkie than a Wookie (and even then, only TOS).

1 Like

The late '70s had home video recording equipment, but they were extremely expensive.

2 Likes

https[quote=“NormanStewart, post:3, topic:6829, full:true”]

The late '70s had home video recording equipment, but they were extremely expensive.
[/quote]

At home my mum and dad had one of these. Not sure :thinking: what they went for but my granddad worked for Philips so we could get these at a discount. We had a whopping 7 1 hour tapes. The longest day was on 3 tapes and was rewatched and rewatched. Except for the nonrecorded parts because of 2 cassetteswaps when required when recording it from TV. We often went to Normandy on vacations an watched it about a million times and Quistreham looks like its Death (ahistorical) Death Star scene.

2 Likes

I hope I can unsee the mental picture of Maggie in a Leia hairdo after reading this​:face_with_raised_eyebrow::joy:

1 Like

Fun fact, during the Falklands War a British news paper had the headline “The Empire will Strike Back” in reference to Empire Strikes Back after Argentine forces occupied the Falklands.

2 Likes