The valiant Defenders of Ukraine

Ok, a few more things about the biodefense labs and why we should actively debunk claims they make bio(chemical) weapons:

1. Biodefense basically means that you study contagious diseases to better understand them and guard ourselves from such threats.

2. This does likely mean that samples of such diseases are present and contained in such laboratories. These have very strict guidelines from the WHO and other national agencies.

3. Most of these laboratories are civilian institutions. You can probably find similar labs in all kinds of places around the world.

4. Precautions against biohazards do not include potential artillery strikes. That is why these kind of labs in the Ukraine have to safely discard of samples they might have in storage, so that no unnecessary biohazards develop.

This is likely why you see such messaging as the US confirming there’s biodefense labs and that stuff there needs to be destroyed. It is not because of a ‘supposed’ secret military bioweapons center. Henceforth, we have to treat messaging with care as:

1. Surely, the US government is great at information warfare and we do need a certain amount of scepsis against their messaging.

2. Other than Russian or US sources and newswebsites, no independent authorities such as the WHO have expressed concerns about such biolabs. Neither do we have such concerns from UN agencies concerned with bioweapons disarmament.

3. Most information sources claiming bioweapons are somehow linked to either Russian sources or highly distrustful of the US government in general.

Therefore, we need to be very careful with propagating such messages, because the target of this disinformation campaign is not to convince us of biological or chemical weapons, but to sow doubt that they might be there. In an environment where everything is uncertain, suddenly the room for ‘alternative’ narratives arises. This can ultimately lead to Russia justifying the use of such weapons against Ukraine.

That is really why we have to be careful and actively debunk these claims, because doubt and mistrust serve authoritarian regimes.

2 Likes

because of your help I found this information. It is very in tune with other informations about soviet tale telling .

1 Like

News from China:

Which is an American based corporation, which I do not accept to be moral, because they tell stories to fit an American audience, facts are not on the list of their priorities. What is the fact in this: Wiesenthal Centre Open Letter to the Netherlands Prime Minister: "Condemn University Protocols of Zion"

:
" facts are not on the list of their priorities." this is blatant very badly veiled anti-semitism!

Just quoting this anti-semitic text to prevent it from being deleted by the author (might be a criminal text in the now very different state of Germany). Simon Wiesenthal lost 87 members in the holocaust and its research center is excellent.

1 Like

thank you. At least it is not all Germans. Only me.

Maybe, but its still a war crime. Its pathetic and with no honour, but luckily it just destroyed the eternal legacy of Putin, and that may be what hurt him the most. (this includes his western friends that used to embrace him as best friends in their pure naivety) their honour are gone too.

2 Likes

I kind of got lost on your exchange. From my perspective I just want to add my views. The Holocaust was inhuman beyond any imagination. But it does not mean that All Germans were guilty. And it’s time for the present Germany to move on, out of the shadows, which they just did. anti-Semitism is a complex matter and would naturally be seen in a special context if You have relatives that became victims of the Holocaust. That means its not only about fact but also about morale. I think Israel are beeing to agresseive against the Palestinians, but that does not mean I am anti Semitic. And US just lost some of their moral credibility by mixing up facts and morale in the last presidential election. Dont know if this is of any contribution but I just needed to add this.

1 Like

And the most factual infomation you will find here:
https://www.yadvashem.org/

History I have never heard of, but a very good poit about our present situation:

1 Like

So I am. I will accept the sentence.

1 Like

I think we can all agree, that the good things in people must always fight the rise of the evil. I learned some Russian language in high school, so I understand that most of the Russian population just want to live a quit and peaceful life as we do. And we can have no hatred to people we don’t know. So my interest for military history arose from the desire to understand how we still ended up fighting each other as nations. At some point, years ago, I thought we as humans had moved on to some wiser form of co existence but here we go again.

1 Like

We know there is alternative. In the past our recent past was a dream. Today we know, if we try we can do better.

1 Like

You are so right. Lets join our talents and efforts so this war will be the last. :pray:

Drones don’t have armor, but it’s far easier to swarm lots of drones than planes. They’re also tougher to shoot down than one might think. Prior to this war, we saw drone warfare tactics at the Battle of Karabakh and the Ladakh skirmish.

Drones can also be much cheaper than aircraft.

3 Likes

Very good points and not to forget drones can pull much more G’s than people and potentially manned fighter can launch drone swarms as well (in future or already?). Also controlling a drone is less stressful than being in a plane which can stall out, there is a thing such as task saturation where the 1 person crew is overwhelmed by the things/tasks happening at the same time keeping control of the plane, enemy/own planes, weather ground defenses. Even in general aviation task saturation is a killer.

1 Like

I disagree. That is completly alternate history. Iam ashamed of the DW.

So in your mind the Germans of the “Deutsche Welle” are Conspiring with the Simon Wiesenthal Center to falsify history and no one noticed this yet except you?That seems exciting Or is it just alternative history to that in your mind?

No, it is not alternate history. And no one Conspiring. But as a German I instist that a “A rating” of how my country has treated the procecuting of Nazis is nonsense. I have not accused anybody of falsification history.