The valiant Defenders of Ukraine

The part about how the Russian disinformation is working and has worked in the US and Europe is very well explained:

1 Like

Those are Ukrainian sources. First video is of camera following ā€œNacional Policeā€ special force unit ā€œSafariā€ published on 3rd April 2022. Second video is by Ukrainian war reporter who used video by Ukrainian Military Headquarter (Š“ŠµŠ½ŠµŃ€Š°Š»ŃŒŠ½ŠøŠ¹ штŠ°Š± Š—Š”Š£) from 2nd April 2022.

Me think that both of those would not fail to show dozens of bodies on the streets as reported in following days.

Things just donā€™t add up.

1 Like

Hmmm ā€¦ what he says is that Russians have finally learned form the West. Too late for many Western victims.

Interesting that there is no explanation WHY would Russians (or Chinese) do all of that? There, apparently there is no ideology beyond it.
Usual Western failure to understand concepts beyond competition.

1 Like

Well, So far business not morals seem to be the number 1 goal. While the Western newspapers except for the financial newspapers have been quiet about about the failure of sanctions India and other Countries get frustrated about this hypocrisy.

Instead of lecturing ex-colonies it would be a good idea to either sanction Russia or be open about it. This is not new, just after the war started Bohmermann pointed out that Germany was still buying tons of oil from Russia.

Well the West still does so effectively the West is financing both sides of the war with industry profiting from cheap materials AND selling weapons to the Ukraine. Oh and Germany which likes to boast how pro-Ukraine they are (after their Putin puppet policies) is now number 2 behind China in buying fossil fuels from Russia.

And this is not Russian desinformation, just very hypocritical policies which just lead to bigger profits. So less deference to the leadership and asking questions like gee? why donā€™t the sanctions work? might be in order.

Gravitas : The hypocrisy of Europeā€™s sanction regime | EU yet to sanction Rosatom - YouTube

2 Likes

I see the Kremlinā€™s disinformation troll is still trying to sow the seeds of doubt.

So how is it going for neofascist Putin and his Nazi legions like the Wagner Group? This being day 431 (!) of the 3 day ā€˜special operationā€™.

On another note, it might be time to address your denial of Serbiaā€™s attempts to ethnically cleanse parts of Bosnia (and Croatia) during the socalled ā€˜Yugoslav civil warsā€™. So on account of admitting the truth you are already starting out at 0 for 2.

You sure seem to be an apologist for ethnic cleansing and a willing propagandist for the neofascist regime in Moscow.

2 Likes

Hmm I think the criticism of Germany for buying oil is a bit unfair. I thought the EU sanctions allowed to purchase Russian oil from ships as long as it didnā€™t exceed the price caps? Am I wrong? If so sorry but the question would be better asked is why are the EU sanctions worded to allow this? Sanctions are working against Russia just not well and I donā€™t think they were ever intended to keep the Russian economy shut down because no one expected the war to last like this.

The capitalist tendency is to make profit off of anything. We have no business lecturing anyone as they need to act in their own interest. China and India need to do business but neither are they ramping up military production to support Russia.

I believe there are no good guys in this war but one really bad guy who waged war whenever he thinks he can get away with it. NATO has decided Ukraine wonā€™t be allowed to lose but cannot win by fighting the way Nato would fight. Deep strike is off the table. If Ukraine chooses to make peace I support them but they will not keep all of Ukraine without victory and that is up to them. Iā€™m not sure they can get that victory and the war goes on.

1 Like

The sanctions are working, not by ending Russian exports but by cutting down the profit. The WION piece was very well made disinformation by using very selective time periods. And starting with the statement that ā€œThe Westā€ demanded India to stop all trade with Russia. Then proving that ā€œThe Westā€ is not boycotting Russia, but has only selective sanctions in place that may harm Russia more the ā€œThe Westā€.

The situation:

Ok, I thought the WION report to be quite slanted. For example, the diesel import numbers were from December and January. The refined products sanctions kicked in on February 5th, 2023.

The comments on food were stupid as all along everyone said food would be untouched. No one wants to endanger anyoneā€™s food security.

As for metals, there is probably an argument there but Russia is such a big player to cut that out of our economy totally might be impossible.

I think comparing it to Joes Blogs is interesting because Joe goes to excruciating lengths to give you graphs and charts letting you know month by month the status of things. by comparison WION was picking and choosing what they wanted you to see.

Are sanctions working? About as good as you would expect. Is their room to improve them, for sure but which side gets hurt worse? I donā€™t see that profit is bad thing. Europe had many of the same issues with Iranian sanctions. Violating sanctions is as old as sanctions. Do I like it? Absolutely not but like ainā€™t got nothing to do with it.

I also notice that WION criticized only Europe, not the US. I do not believe it to be an oversight so consider them to be just as biased as any other outlet.

By the way, look at Joes latest which details how much money many companies have lost.

1 Like

WION is Indian state media, they are not biased but targeted. The US is the only potential ally of India that matters.

Today the Russian military announced that they had destroyed 4 Gepardā€™s and multiple Bradley fighting vehicles in several drone attacks over the past 3 days. It was confirmed one Gepard was hit by a drone but was damaged not destroyed and no other Gepardā€™s have been reported as being hit according to both German and Ukrainian military sources. Also the US military confirmed none of the Bradleyā€™s Ukraine has been destroyed or damaged by enemy fire. Basically Russias propaganda machine is at work with misinformation as per usual.

On the other hand Russia has a huge problem with lack of trained crews to man tanks, AFVs and APCs and it has been confirmed through pro Russian bloggers there have been several incidents of friendly fire of Russian tanks hitting other Russian tanks and armoured vehicles and crews being so poorly trained that they canā€™t even function even as independent tank crews or even as a coherent formation.

A couple of days ago Ukrainian forces captured a group of 18 soldiers all of which were mobilized. The captured soldiers said their commander abandoned them and fled to the rear and it was shown of the 18 soldiers only 2 had proper body armour(which they said family had purchased for them) and the rest had various pieces of equipment taken from equipment that had been piled at a staging area often still wet with blood from the previous owner. Not only are most poorly trained they are also poorly equipped and some even complained their rifles were non functioning and were told to take fallen weapons on the battlefield by their commanders.

While it is not known how many Russians are POWs it is thought that as many as 5000 have been taken as POWs in the past month with many of the Russians willingly surrendering to Ukrainian forces. Many of the captured POWs tell stories of being abandoned and being told they would be shot if they retreated or ran from battle. Around half of the POWs have suffered injuries that were poorly treated or not treated at all due to a lack of medicine, trained medics or being sent back to the front if still able to walk and hold a weapon without being medically treated.

So much for a three day special operation. Much of Russiaā€™s trained forces have been killed or wounded, their special forces are decimated and they are running short on modern equipment and trained crews.

2 Likes

Good news for me, because the letter ā€œhā€ his often ignored in my local German, but the German word for the cheetah is ā€œGepardā€. :wink:

1 Like

I corrected the spelling of ā€œGerard to Gepardā€ auto correct can be a pain at times

2 Likes

That was informativ. That Uniper has been a 80 % Finnish owned company when they were the Germans who are buying to much Russian gas is irony.

1 Like

Excellent point. I thought Finland got no natural gas from Russia. Multi-national corporations just blur all the lines.

1 Like

In the case of Nordstream 2 the multinational corporations were the actors. For the supply of natural gas for German use it was economical oversized. Nordstream 1 was enough to keep Polish transit fees in limits. The political or now military potential of Nordstream 2 to be used to cut Ukraine from Russian gas was not realized (wishfull thinking).

For the most part the following is been pieced together by stories, interviews and posted videos. Canada is home to the largest Ukrainian population outside Ukraine with around 1.8 million Ukrainians calling Canada home including recent refugees.

There has been a lot of talk about the Ukrainian foreign legion but trying to find out information about it is next to impossible. At its height there were approximately 27,000 volunteer soldiers unfortunately a huge amount were untrained or had minimal military experience. Thousands fled the battlefield due to being unable to handle the realities of war and being as they had no contract per se many volunteers left Ukraine as fast as they came in. Current estimates put the legion at 2-5000 personnel.

What is known is many within the legion were poorly equipped and their Ukrainian counterparts were heavily involved with corruption selling off western equipment earmarked for Ukrainian and volunteer forces which also lead to widespread mistrust of Ukrainian military command. While the Ukrainian government since has done their best to purge the corrupt personnel the mistrust is still there.

As I can only speak to Canadian volunteers these are the only ones Iā€™ll mention hereafter. At the start of the volunteer campaign 2 full Canadian brigades had formed and a further 2 formed with British and American volunteers. It quickly became apparent the untrained volunteers were a danger not only to themselves but their fellow unit members and were quickly put in their place by the veteran soldiers and within weeks and months the Canadian contingent was whittled down to under 900 volunteers. Currently there are approximately 2-500 Canadians serving in the volunteer legion.

Officially only 5 Canucks have been reported killed and around 60 wounded both numbers could be higher or lower but there are no numbers being released by either Canadian or Ukrainian authorities. What is known Canadian sniper teams quickly made a name for themselves with the Russians putting some of the highest rewards offered on the Canadian sniper teams showing how effective they have been.

Most of the Canadian units on the front line are mostly EX military and many of the volunteers in non combat roles are medics and volunteers who have been instrumental in helping wounded survive grievous injuries till they reached medical treatment centres.

Also it has been reported several former Canadian soldiers have been retained by the Ukrainian military to train new recruits to survive the battlefield and several of the trainers say they are amazed at the resolve of the people they train from the 17 yr old female student to the 55 yr old banker and have very high morale. Add to that the quality of equipment is getting better and there is actually a surplus of some equipment which was a struggle before.

As of now the Canadians are in 2 brigades filled with British, American, polish, German and French volunteers as all are trained to NATO standards and apparently well thought of by fellow legion members and Ukrainian military.

2 Likes

With the attack on the Kremlin this morning it is already being panned by multiple sources including those within Russia as a False Flag attack.

While more information is required there are already several inconsistencies with the Russian version of events.

First is how did 2 drones make it to the centre of the city without being spotted by the military. (It is well known the Russian military is inept but even they shouldnā€™t of missed 2 drones flying over Moscow airspace)

Secondly, the drone filmed hitting the flag there was also 2 people on the spire just below where it hit Who were they? Why were they there? Why were they not ducking or running away as the drone exploded on the flagpole?

Thirdly, why did the drone hit the flagpole instead of the building below it? If the drone was being controlled by Ukrainians they would have hit the building as that is a high value target. If it was preprogrammed to fly to a specific area it is feasible it could have hit the flagpole but again the Kremlin is a huge target.

Lastly, the Russian media and Russian military has been contradicting each other since the event happened and both the media and Russian military have changed the storyline several times already.

Again, more information is needed but circumstantial evidence is already building up against Russia that this is indeed a possible false flag event.

2 Likes

The Russian claims make no sense.:

1 Like

I love Christian. Hope I spelled his name right. Big thumbs up for his channel.

I heard today that the US is to blame in that we ordered Ukraine to do it.

1 Like

Russian propaganda, one day the Germans are Nazis, next day Russia should liberate the Germans from US imperialism. Same with the Ukrainians, exept with lethal force.

1 Like