Thai Soldiers in Germany Army and French Waffen SS?

Hi, so this is my first time posting here so I apologize for anything that out of place or convention

I stumbled upon the picture of these two Thai fellas that serve in the German Army, so I wanted to share with you guys since it seems pretty unique and bizarre to me.
Also, I found very little information about them so maybe some of you might know something about them.

Thai Waffen SS solider Lucien Kemarat
This man goes by the name Lucien Kemarat, he served in the “La Division Charlemagne.”

4 Likes

42a2d11ff41d8aaec08c8f5141e8b9a9
This man goes by the name Wicha Thitawat, he managed to reach the rank of Hauptmann as a fradio operator, and after World War II continued his career in the Thai Army with the last rank of Colonel. His services have not stopped, and Wicha later became Ambassador of Thailand in Denmark, Norway and Iceland.
Now, at this point it seems to me that this guy record is suspiciously impressive, and I have no other sources than a few sketchy blog post, so take this with a grain of salt

3 Likes

Wicha Thitawat book
He seems to have books written about him as well.

3 Likes

Wicha Thitawat memoar

3 Likes

Yeah, I just found this very interesting story so I wanted to share it with you guys. If anyone have any information to add or correct me please do!

3 Likes

You should’ve put all of these posts as one single post. But, other than that, this is some interesting stuff you have there that, unfortunately for you, I am not very knowledgeable of.

3 Likes

I just joined, so it said I can only post one image, sorry for the inconvenience

3 Likes

There’s no need for an apology. :slight_smile: Welcome to the TimeGhost Army.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’m glad to be here :smile:

4 Likes