Prigozhin’s march on Moscow

Does anyone think of Prigozhin’s march on Moscow (which has now been averted) kind of rhymes with Anton Denikin’s march on Moscow in 1919.

2 Likes

I was more thinking of the first shark smelling blood in the water , hoping for some more support from other sharks to take down the big shark to become the big shark,

2 Likes

Well it looks like the big shark survived this time. He sure was scared though.

Yes but with Prigozhin going to Belarus and Wagner going back to bases is Progozhin exiled and done? Is Wagner finished? Kinda feeling yes. Prigozhin should be able to ask Leon Trotsky how exile works soon enough.

2 Likes

And be careful around windows.

The Wagner march ended four hours away, they definitely had leverage for whatever agreement was made to address Wagner’s grievances in Ukraine. The exile was also part of the deal likely so Putin could save face. Details are still coming out, this was speculation. Relating to Denkin, his march ended due to overextension while Wagner likely made a deal. Both started in relatively the same region to march on Moscow. Denkin made his march during a civil war and therefore met more resistance, he was also supported by other White Army warlords and units while Wagner’s situation was different. It does rhyme, but one key difference is how much more Wagner had going for it over Denkin.

1 Like

Agreed Denkin had the tougher row to go.

I have no idea of the deal Progozhin got and I think only a handful do. Time will tell.

I am curious to see what becomes of the Wagner forces and the units that joined with him. That may tell a lot. It is still a sizable chunk of their reserve forces.

Fun question: who got closer to the Kremlin, Prigozhin or Guderian? Both doomed missions apparently.

1 Like

Probably Prigozhin tbh.

Wagner is the force that hold a lot of Russian assets all over the world what is going to happen there?

Possibly the oddest event to happen in this entire Russian-Ukrainian war.

One thing that Progozhin and Denkin was that I don’t think the Russian populace would support them. I think Guderian got closer, but he had a much larger force backing him. The thing about Wagner though is that they are among Russias most experienced forces.

It’s not good when your besr forces are a mercenary army loyal to a warlord That one goes back a long way. It’s one of the reasons Carthage fell to Rome.

1 Like

This is a lot of fun. How to keep the population happy? Tickets to a surprise Taylor Swift concert :grinning:

1 Like

Guderian definitely got closer he was actually close enough to shell the Kremlin but never did. Guderian was doomed due to interference from high command. The city was literally his for the taking but high command had different ideas.

Prigozhin either got within 180km or 240km of the suburbs of Moscow depending on who is telling the story. While it is highly likely Wagner forces could penetrated deep into Moscow it is likely his forces would have eventually been stopped. But we will never know for sure.

1 Like

Source: A wehraboo you met once.

And Wagner got way closer than Guderian ever did lol.

Heinz Guderian was a lying Nazi war criminal.

Yeah he definitely was, not denying that, but I am saying that this person got his “information” from A wehraboo he met once.

Maby I have misunderstood the meaning of this word. I thought it is describing a person who fancies only nazi tecnology.

I used to think he was a standup general. How much he lied is hard to prove as his most likely critics were conveniently deceased. But I think he should never have commanded more than a handful of Panzer divisions and he clearly lied in his cooperating with Nazi atrocities. That is the ultimate black mark I give him.

My lesson I learned is not to look with stars on anyone who has so much power. They seek the power and do awful things to keep it. They are also manipulated by stroking their egos. True of Allie’s just as much.

It is easy for German historians:

(this is about his role in the history of the “Panzer”)

1 Like