Possible Alternative to Patreon?

Do to certain actions taken by Patreon over the past few months, I no longer wish to support them as a company with my money. I’m planning on closing down my Patreon account as soon as it’s possible to do so. I don’t want to harm content creators like Time Ghost as you all shouldn’t be held accountable for Patreon’s actions when you’ve had nothing to do with them.

Are there any other options for regularly supporting Time Ghost without giving money to Pateron?

How about Indiegogo?

1 Like

Via the TimeGhost website I believe you can directly subscribe with a monthly amount, same as Patreon.

1 Like

Doesn’t that still go through Patreon though?

In the Christmas live-stream, they stated that they would not leave Patreon. Ever.

In @Indy’s words, “Without Patreon, there is no World War Two”.

2 Likes

I’m not asking anyone to leave Patreon, I’m asking if there is an alternative to support a content creator that I enjoy without any of my money going towards a company that supports things I personally detest.

2 Likes

Oh, does Indiegogo count?

1 Like

Hey @drschplatt, as Indy said we will never leave Patreon. However, if you insist on not using them for your pledges, you can subscribe for the exact same benifits/tiers on our website. We’ll actually net more if you support us via our own site (timeghost.tv), since we cut out the middle man (Patreon).

5 Likes

Every time I’ve tried to subscribe via the timeghost site, it redirects me to Patreon. Does every subscription go through Patreon? Where exactly on the timeghost site is there an alternative to Patreon.

Also, why does everyone think I want TimeGhost to leave Patreon? I never said that. I’m not trying to make anyone else quit anything.

While I enjoy and value TimeGhost’s work and want them to continue, I can no longer ethically support any part of my payment going to Patreon, a company that has taken it upon themselves to decide which values and virtues are the “correct” ones and will attempt to censor anyone who expresses different views by cancelling their account, even if they did so on a platform and/or for a purpose unrelated to the one that the Patreon funding is for.

Hence as soon as Patreon comes back online I will be cancelling my membership, I look forward to once again enlisting in the TimeGhost Army when another option (such as SubscribeStar) that doesn’t impose its moral views on creators is available for me to provide support.

2 Likes

Hey @Joram, how would I go about doing this? If I can support you directly and more effectively, then I would like to do so, but it’s not that easy to figure out.

2 Likes

See the Signup page. The tiers are out of date, but it should still work. Do note that non-Patrons get early access through Timeghost.tv which updates slower and sometimes not at all.

1 Like