Interesting YouTube videos of Russian explorers exploring Russian and German trenches on the eastern front

I’ve been watching videos on YouTube lately about Russian explorers who have been exploring untouched trenches, gun emplacements, bunkers, living areas and weapons caches to name but a few. All were in the Leningrad salient and they explored both Soviet and German trenches which despite time and weather were for the most part intact although many of the bunkers and living areas had caved in.

In many cases things were left as they were when the trenches, bunkers and gun emplacements were abandoned although for the most part the machine guns and canons have been removed. They have however found several times in bunkers boxes of belt fed and loose ammunition and rifles, pistols and sub machine guns stored in these areas and the weapons are mostly unusable due to rust and the elements.

Many of the videos show how the Germans were able to construct gun emplacements, bunkers and living areas in short order. Barbed wire, anti grenade nets and even minefields were left intact and they show sometimes how close the two sides were to each other or conversely how far apart they were.

The YouTube site I use mostly is HAVING PENETRATED INTO THE UNTOUCHED GERMAN DUGOUT OF THE WWII, I WAS STUNNED! / WW2 METAL DETECTING - YouTube

4 Likes