I found only few informations about a guy called Pyotr Badmayev wich is said to have a big influence over Raspoutin, do you know more about him ? I couldnt find anything

I found only few informations about a guy called Pyotr Badmayev wich is said to have a big influence over Raspoutin, do you know more about him ? I couldt find anything…

1 Like

I found a bit in Wikipedia; it would appear Badmayev was a Tibetan doctor, who was well thought of by the Russian aristocracy. According to one Felix Yusupov (one of the killers of Rasputin, whose stories about things changed over time), Badmayev gave drugs to Rasputin to treat the Tsarevich Alexei.

that’s about it. Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Thanks for the informations ! Personally I was reading the biography of Raspoutin in IMDb (here is the link : Grigory Rasputin - Biography - IMDb ) when I suddently learnt about this guy.

Btw this link (Grigory Rasputin - Biography - IMDb) gives some informations that really surprised me such as some historians saying Raspoutin had connections with communist and other stuff like this, do you think informations given by this link are correct ?

Thanks for your help !

1 Like

I was looking at another question about Rasputin, and that Pyotr Badmayev thing made something come to mind:

If Badmayev knew Rasputin, he might have been able to supply a Chinese herbal remedy for epilepsy (of which there turn out to be a number available at the time, but unknown in the West.) That would account for Raspy’s “miracle” cure - carefully hidden from anybody else so he could take full advantage of an Imperial patron.

Hmmm? Whatcha think?

2 Likes

Yeah since Badmayev was the one giving drugs to Rqsputin this hypothesis seems to be very credible, Raspoutin had surely used his aura and some of these drugs to make his social assention, really this rasputin has lot of mysteries surrounding him as you said, he played a crucial role in the fate of the Romanov, its very interesting to learn more about this topic, the russian revolution as well as the french one are very rich topics !

Yeah, everything I said was reasonable, except I put down the wrong disease! Alexi had hemophilia, not epilepsy (but there are Chinese purported herbal treatments for epilepsy.)

Maybe I need some Chinese herbal remedies! :slight_smile:

1 Like

That happens bro no problem you dont need tibetan medicines :joy::joy:.

Thanks for all the answer you gave me ! I learn lot of stuff here ! :grinning: