How did Thomas J Watson and IBM help Nazi Germany

Hello Indy and Team,
I’m in the middle of the book IBM and the Holocaust which is about how IBM, through it’s subsidiary Dehomag, aided in the automation of it data collection from the time Hitler became chancellor. They worked on the censuses, everything training workers to enter the data from the completed forms, to designing the punchcards the data was entered on, to the machines that read them, servicing the machines, etc. I’m only aware of this particular book, but if you could provide anything additional that would be fantastic.

2 Likes

Prins Bernhard von Lippe-Biesterfeld, husband to, at that time, Crown Princess to the Dutch throne, Juliana van Oranje-Nassau, is known to have influenced companies like IG-Farben and IBM and later on Lockheed. It has never been proven, but his dealings before the war were at the least very murky. If you like comicbooks on the subject, you should read 'Agent Orange ’ by Erik Varekamp and Mick Peet.
20210309_130821

1 Like

Thanks, but I only see those comics in Dutch, which I can’t read. I can look up Prince Bernhard though.

2 Likes

You’re welcome and I invite you to maybe learn the Dutch language :wink: ,although it is a very difficult language to master.
Learning about Bernard will certainly open up your closed doors to your questions! Good luck :+1:

1 Like