How can Wehraboo treat the Wehrmacht as "apolitical/not nazi"?

Hello,I got to wonder how do they come to the conclusion that the Wehrmacht was apolitical considering the command structure of the wehrmacht and that hermann goering was the commander of the luftwaffe(yep, the Wehrmacht isn’t just the heer[wich was still a nazi organisation for its particiaption in the holocaust]), do they think that because there are exception such as albert battel, that make the wehrmacht not nazi or is it because they are misinformed?

Thanks for your answer!

3 Likes

Moderation, both in question and answers is advisable, imho. It is a known fact that the German Wehrmacht was aiding Einsatzgruppen on the Eastern front, as you can watch in the WAH videos, eloquently and very emotionally presented by Spartacus Olson.
Remember that every German soldier had to swear an oath on Hitler, thereby creating a major ethical dilemma, having to choose between honour, obedience, due diligence, humanity or simply survival.
SS, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Heer, Abwehr, serving (not commanding) in all these organisations was certainly no picknick, and there also was no innocence… again, moderation in reflection, I believe, is paramount.
Never forget :pray:

2 Likes

After the war, many high-ranking Wehrmacht officers strove to separate the actions of their service or at least the units they commanded from the Nazis, especially the SS. As both the western allies and the Soviets were trying to take advantage of German technological research and military developments by co-opting the surviving scientists and technicians, it was politically convenient to turn a blind eye to the facts and to tacitly support the attempts to whitewash the majority of German leaders except where the facts were already well known in the west.
As to why modern day “Wehraboos” adopt the mental model of denial (from merely pushing the “clean Wehrmacht” myth all the way to full-blown Holocaust denial), I can’t say.

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree with you more

1 Like