History Film Screenings

Not going to be able to make it to today’s showing & I work next Saturday so I’m going to miss that as well. Tuesdays showing is still TBD for.

2 Likes

As in? You’re there for Tuesday?

2 Likes

I plan on being there, but it’s not a guaranty. I’ll let you guys know by Monday night.

2 Likes

Movie starts in 5 minutes.

2 Likes

Due to one of the members having technical difficulties, the screening will take place at 20:30 GMT instead.

2 Likes

The poll has been completed, the dates will change to Fridays 20:30 GMT

2 Likes

Tonight’s Film:

Mr. Jones

com_images_78431729_359333931553_1_original

2019 | R | 118 min (1h 58min)

“Gareth Jones is an ambitious Welsh journalist who gained fame after his report on being the first foreign journalist to fly with Hitler. On leaving a government role, Jones decides to travel to Moscow in an attempt to get an interview with Stalin himself. Hearing murmurs of government-induced famine, Jones travels clandestinely to Ukraine, where he witnesses the atrocities of man-made starvation. Deported back to London, Jones publishes an article revealing the horrors he witnessed but is accused of being a liar by those who have an interest in silencing him. As the death count mounts, Jones has to fight for the truth…”

– Description from iTunes.

2 Likes

Screening starts in 10 minutes

2 Likes

Mr. Jones has finished, next week it’s Letters from Iwo Jima

2 Likes

Tomorrow’s movie:

Letters from Iwo Jima

V1

2006 | R | 141 min (2h 21min)

“The story of the Battle of Iwo Jima between the United States and Imperial Japan during World War II, as told from the perspective of the Japanese who fought it.”

4 Likes

Movie starts in 15 minutes.

3 Likes

Letters from Iwo Jima has ended, next week it’s City of Life and Death.

3 Likes

Cool movie. BTW I was talking with Keith and Norman the other day and I mentioned Prince Charles Cinema. It is a real Cinema with a cheeky title and lives of Classic movies.

Location London Leicester Square.

E.g. their “Nuns and Nazis” sing-along Sound of music https://princecharlescinema.com/PrinceCharlesCinema.dll/WhatsOn?f=2446

4 Likes

Tomorrow’s movie:

City of Life and Death

V1_SX684_CR0,0,684,999_AL

2009 | R | 134 min (2h 14min)

“In 1937, Japan occupied Nanjing, the Chinese capital. There was a battle and subsequent atrocities against the inhabitants, especially those who took refuge in the International Security Zone.”

2 Likes

Guys, have you forgotten this? It starts in 30 min!

2 Likes

Can’t do tonight :pensive:

2 Likes

City of Life and Death has ended, next week it’s Full Metal Jacket.

2 Likes

Tonight’s film:

Full Metal Jacket

1987 | R | 116 min (1h 56min)

“A pragmatic U.S. Marine observes the dehumanizing effects the Vietnam War has on his fellow recruits from their brutal boot camp training to the bloody street fighting in Hue.“

Norman’s doing this week’s screening.

2 Likes

@JackPekoyama @Chewbacca @Geckogamer @klkevelson1 @grayknight1781 @oodlesofpoodles0923, @marsattacks and any others interested, get ready in 30 min:

In Vietnam, the wind doesn’t blow. It sucks.

2 Likes

Full Metal Jacket has ended, next week it’s Schindler’s List.

3 Likes