Historical Movie Nights

Every Friday night at 8:30pm GMT, I am holding screenings of historical movies on the streaming service Kosmi. (This will require creating an account to fully access it.)

These will be shown at the Time Tourist’s 8mm chatroom.

The movie listings are as follows:

Jun 12 - The Color Purple
Jun 19 - Gangs of New York
Jun 26 - The Founder
Jul 3 - Raging Bull
Jul 10 - Apollo 13
Jul 17 - Das Boot
Jul 24 - Charlie Wilson’s War
Jul 31 - Spartacus
Aug 7 - Gettysburg
Aug 14 - The Last King of Scotland
Aug 21 - Hotel Rwanda
Aug 28 - The African Queen
Sep 4 - Gandhi
Sep 11 - Wings
Sep 18 - Platoon
Sep 25 - Tombstone
Oct 2 - Somewhere in Time
Oct 9 - Birdy
Oct 16 - Bloody Sunday
Oct 23 - The Passion of Joan of Arc
Oct 30 - The Blair Witch Project
Nov 6 - The Aviator
Nov 13 - Public Enemies
Nov 20 - Malcolm X
Nov 27 - 1941
Dec 4 - Tora! Tora! Tora!

If you have any questions about Kosmi, the movies or anything I may have overlooked feel free to ask.

7 Likes

And because we were fooled into thinking that what happened in the film was all real.

3 Likes

Sssssshhhh no spoilers

I haven’t seen it yet

3 Likes

That wasn’t a spoiler. That was the entire marketing of the film. I remember a few of my friends thinking that the entire film was for real.

3 Likes

Before I forget, we’re also hosting invite-only private screenings on Tuesdays 7pm GMT, PM either Norman or myself about it and we’ll show you the listings.

3 Likes

In half an hour, tonight’s screening of The Longest Day will start. (8pm GMT as stated before)

AC

If you do not have a Kast account I will provide a download link, simply download and register and look for "The History Room

3 Likes

Due to tonight’s technical difficulties, tonight’s stream is postponed to tomorrow. Apologies for any inconvenience.

3 Likes

Wow, really good lineup. I was on tour in Spaceport America today in New Mex so I couldn’t join. Great tour, history in the making.

4 Likes

Really cool, I’ll usually join in, but I can’t tomorrow.

4 Likes

Tonight we’re resuming The Longest Day, the problems have been ironed out and my internet connection has been improved. Hop in for 8pm GMT

2 Likes

Let’s hope it doesn’t screw up like the last time. Also, Zach, screen-share early on, please.

2 Likes

I’ll start that an hour early 7pm gmt.

2 Likes

The movie or the stream? Because the movie should still start at 8 p.m. GMT.

1 Like

Streaming, like a warm-up before the film.

2 Likes

The filming of The Longest Day has concluded, join us next Saturday when there will be a showing of '71.
71-quad-poster

3 Likes

Or Tuesday for WarGames?

2 Likes

Shhh, that’s for the private screenings :wink:

3 Likes

Damn it, I know, but still, it’s cool to bring in Val, Jaro and others we’ve invited for that. Speaking of which, who’s streaming WarGames, me or you?

3 Likes

You’ve got a Blu-ray rip of WarGames so it would be handy of you to screen it for Tuesday.

3 Likes

Aww, thanks. It’s also a film I saw in theaters, which hasn’t happened so far with the previous film screenings (the films we viewed so far were from the '60s).

3 Likes