Hi Indy and team! How accurate are Indy and the team's pronunciation of names and organizations?

Hi Indy and team! Great fan of your work here and having followed you since the great war channel. I noticed the effort you place in the pronunciation of names and organizations and I am curious if those pronunciations are the correct ones. Cheers!

2 Likes

They’re impressively accurate, but they are using the place names as they were during the period in question.

2 Likes

I can only speak for Russian pronunciation, but they have certainly improved, earlier episodes had a noticeable amount of mistakes, now it’s getting significantly better(maybe they’ve got some Russian speaker on staff?). It’s not really feasible for Indy to pronounce the words absolutely correctly due to phonetic differences in languages, but as long as he uses closest English sound and puts stress on the right syllable, it’s perfect in my book.

2 Likes

There have been issues with English names, too, in the past, but it all seems fine now.

2 Likes

I would say he does a very good job. A problem is that some places/languages are pretty nasty. He missed “buitenzorg” in Dutch Indonesia than again I rather have him pronounce this incorrectly to avoid him having to get oral surgery or a very wet camera lens by trying to pronounce Dutch correctly :crazy_face: :exploding_head: :rofl:

So you have been warned :slight_smile: so no worries (buitenzorg = no worries in “obsolete” Dutch)

1 Like

Spartacus’s French is really impressive, as seen in this episode of across the air waves:
What the actual f*ck, France?

It requires to understand both French and English to get all the dialogs of this episode, and I must say it was hilarious.

Hint for the TG team: please consider sub titles for wider audiences, if doing something like this again.

1 Like