Greatest Moustaches in History

There are a number of us who are follically inclined, and those of us who sport fantastic upper lip accoutrements, such as @Spartacus

That begs the question - Who rocked the best moustache in known history? The Sultan of 'Stashe, the Colonel of Chops?

I begin by nominating Ambrose E. Burnside (1824 - 1881) American Solider, Industrialist and Politician.

https://i.imgur.com/xFnBPdg.jpg

2 Likes

I vote for 1940s Groucho Marx.

2 Likes

My money is on Paul von Hindenburg.

4 Likes

Gaishi Nagaoka

10 Likes

Well, that escalated quickly.

7 Likes

The late, great, WW2 ace Robin Olds sported such a great mustache while in Vietnam that members of the USAF emulate it to this day as a “good natured protest” every March. Though for Olds, it wasn’t just an epic accessory, but a “… middle finger I couldn’t raise in the PR photographs. The mustache became my silent last word in the verbal battles…with higher headquarters on rules, targets, and fighting the war.”

3 Likes

Happy Mustache March!

…though I can’t seem to get his clean-shaven look out of my head.

3 Likes

I like this thread :smiley:

2 Likes

nicholas-ii-of-russia-in-the-uniform-of-the-life-guards-4th-the-imperial-familys-rifle-regiment-19121
Magnificent whiskers colorized by our friend Olga aka Klimbim

5 Likes

dali of course

dali

5 Likes

For facial hair, I don’t think the Victorians can be beaten. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the Empire started to go into decline as beards began to diminish.

3 Likes

My personal favorite is Ivan Mažuranić ,Croatian ban and poet.
ivan_mazuranic

1 Like

Hmm, yum! Still prefer short mustaches, thank you very much.

2 Likes