EAA AirVenture Oshkosh, WI Attendees?

I’m just curious if anyone else from the Time Ghost Army was planning on attending the EAA AirVenture Oshkosh, WI (USA) fly-in airshow July 23 - July 30. it’s the largest enthusiast driven airshow in the world and there will be a very large number of historical vehicles on display. Over the past 4 years I’ve been putting away bits of money here and there and have finally been able to afford to reserve my spot for a ride in a B-17 Flying Fortress. My grandfather was a B-17 bombardier over Europe in WW2 so this has been a passion of mine for a while.

Hopefully there’s no issue if I post a link to the airshow site here? Our Canadian and US fellows might be interested in checking it out.
AirVenture

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I don’t have the time or resources to go this year but I found a live stream on Youtube of a live web cam of the airfield overlayed with an air traffic map and an ATC audio stream. It sounds pretty hectic up there:

2 Likes

Still high on my list, if possible I will come over 2021. As you are interested in B-17s there is also a volunteer organization which does crew and flight training. Sadly the B-17 they used in the past crashed but the B24 and their local PV2D Are still running. I trained with them twice and it really is a short WW2 Tech training culminating in the Sperry Ball turret. (Which really operates like the original Star Wars flick as the re-used or were inspired by those. A lot of the participants have an Air Force background.

2 Likes