Do you know about the 51st highland infantry and there sacrifice at st valery during the 1940’s and how they were left behind with the french as a rear guard to defend dunkirk?

Hi there indy love the show so far but i have this burning question and it annoys me badly due to the fact any one i meet doesn’t really know this if they come from a ww2 history background but i hope you do. Do you know about the 51st highland infantry and there sacrifice at st valery during the 1940’s and how they were left behind with the french as a rear guard to defend dunkirk and the evacuation of operation dynamo and do you believe there sacrifice should be told and remembered more as personally i believe that its a shame its not as it all bunt ended the 51st highlanders until they were reformed to continue the memory of the original 51st and help finish the war. Also thank you for all the support to the history community i know my family really appreciate it as the second world war is a very important topic with us due to our families role in the war thanks for everything indy and the team.

Max

1 Like