Did the Soviet Union couse the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour through it’s spy Harry Dexter White?

Did the Soviet Union couse the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour through it’s spy Harry Dexter White?
I have read in the book ‘Operation Snow’ by John Koster that Harry Dexter White was used bij Stalin to foment conflict between the USA and Japan, by lobbying for a hard ultimatum in 1941 in the negotiations about the oil embargo after the Japanese invasion of French Indochina.
Does Timeghost agree with the analysis of John Koster?
Will Astrid Deinhard answer this question in ‘Spies and ties’?

4 Likes

I have got the book and read it before. I personally have a hard time believing this but i would like to see what the timeghost teams says about this.

5 Likes

For those who don’t know who Harry Dexter white is and his involvement with the Soviet Union and accusations of treason here is a brief overview of his involvement with the US government and his ties to communism.

2 Likes

This PDF-document is very interesting. But is does not mention the possible influence of Harry Dexter White on the uncompromising Cordell Hull note, that insisted on the Japanese withdrawal of it’s forces from all of China, including Manchuria, that was already a Japanese sphere of influence before the Japanese agressions of 1931 and 1937.

No I don’t think that he caused the attack on pearl harbor.