Between 2 Wars is in Production

Originally published at: http://timeghost.tv/between-2-wars-is-in-production/

It’s the first day of production on the TimeGhost Between 2 Wars series. While writing, the whole thing exploded into an epic 50 (or more) episode extravaganza, with the first episodes coming to a screen near you already next week! Get ready for two to four episodes per week of 1920s and 1930s history during…

13 Likes

It’s great to get a peek of the behind-the-scenes magic–can’t wait to see the final product!

My body is ready! I can’t wait to start binge watching this over and over.

Oh my Schacht, this is amazing. I can’t wait!

Where are you filming all of these? Is that Spartacus’ house?

Boy, I do hope the prelude to the Pacific theatre is included as well. Too many people (especially from Southeast Asia, where I come from) still do not know the main reason of Japanese expansionism towards Dutch East Indies.

Oh wow, wasn’t expecting a larger project so soon. I’ll make sure to advertise this however and wherever I can.

1 Like

Yes, in our living room. We are the custodians of a historical house relevant to the interwar years, I’m going to publish an article about it in a bit.

3 Likes

It’s a world war we’re gearing up for, so we will cover the world :wink:

1 Like

We, weren’t either :smiley: we’re grateful for any push we can get.

1 Like

I cannot wait until this gets under way! You and Indy are awesome!

1 Like

Thank you! As you can see we couldn’t wait either :wink:

I just love how in this day we can grab a few passionate people, a few thousand dollars of kit, an internet connection and publish high quality media to the world from someone’s living room.

3 Likes

To not mention that doing so reaches a global audience intently… a brave new world, if it wasn’t for the ‘alternative facts’ trolls as well.

2 Likes

For the “alternative facts” trolls

1 Like

Canada invade Russia in Oct. 1918.

Invade might be to strong a word, maybe occupied is more correct, see below.

Canadian troops land in Vladivostok. 4,200 soldiers landed, referred to as CEFS (Canadian Expedition Force Siberia). *

Dec. 1918 in Victoria, B.C., Canada, a mutiny occurred, those involved were jailed. Reportedly, they used the words “on y ca pas a Siberia”. Later, the 9 jailed soldiers who were in the mutiny were spared the firing squad, these soldiers were all French-Canadians. *

Apr. 1919 was the only fight the Canadians saw in their time in Vladivostok, Russia was connected with Shkotovo (Shkotovo mission). Involved were 700 Japanese, 87 French, Americans, 21 Italian, 16 Czechoslovak, 7 Chinese and 150 White Russians. 1 Canadian and 1 Japanese were accidentally wound when 1 French man was testing a hand gun. *

14 Canadians die in Vladivostok, Russia . *

The occupation caused “… would-be supporters …” to dislike the Allies (Canadians) in Vladivostok as of the way controlled the city.*

For the Canada’s CEFS, “The expedition cost $2,823,960 in 1919 currency - for just soldiers’ pay and clothing …”. British paid for the rest.*

General strikes in Canada happen from “… Victoria to Winnipeg to Amherst in Spring of 1919.” One book implies people in the major French speaking providence in Canada were against this expedition to.*

And from the outset the “… intelligence report from Canada’s political officer in Vladivostok: ‘that arrangements in Siberia lack co-ordination and control, that the railway system is in a condition seriously disorganized, that among the Allies there is no general agreement, that Americans are inactive, that the Japanese, bent on commercial penetration, are subsidizing insurgent elements’.” The PM of Canada was told before the main force left Canada the outcome of the Expedition would not be good by a top Canadian Military Officer.*

All Canadians, Deaths, And Combat in Russia in 1917-1919:

At Tulgas, on Nov. 11, 1918, 2 Canadian 18 pdr. batteries and American infantry were attacked by the Soviets, just south of Archangel or so. (P. 246 of book “Marching To Armageddon: Canadians And The Great War 1914-1919”.

Of the Canadians in Russia, casualties amounted to 24 in all the fighting and were in the Archangel area.
16 Canadians sent May 1918, another 92 sent (sometime between May and Aug.) and the last were the 2 18 pdr. batteries mention above in Aug. The only serious fighting was seen by the 2 18 pdr. batteries (per pages 276-277 of book “Canada And The Age Of Conflict, Vol. I: 1867-1921”.)

41 Canadians were in the Dunsterforce (per p. 276 of book “Canada And The Age Of Conflict, Vol. I: 1867-1921”.)

Please note I am not suggest that this topic should be added to Between-2-Wars, just adding for info/discussion. However, if ppl. feel that it is more interesting, I guess could be put on the web site maybe or FB. If you add it to web site you may want to check into little more on this, as I only had the below three sources to go with.

Note: The * above indicates that came from first book listed below.

Pages 145-146 and 167-171 of “From Victoria To Vladivostok: Canada’s Siberian Expedition, 1917-1919”, By Benjamin Isitt, published in 2010 by UBC for the Series ‘Studies In Canadian Military History’ by Canadian War Museum.
Page 246 of “Marching To Armageddon: Canadians And The Great War 1914-1919”. By Desmond Morton and J. L. Granatstein. Published in 1989.
Page 276-282 of “Canada And The Age Of Conflict, Vol. I: 1867-1921”. By Col. C.P. Stacey. Published 1992 (first published 1977).

3 Likes