Allusion to Star Wars

Great it’s a “ackbar its a trap allusion” in the last episode

As a Wookie I have another one : Its not wise to upset a Wookie :bear: or a Russian :bear::joy::smiling_imp:. Just ask Napoleon.

Not sure if you can weave it into an episode.

5 Likes

The difference being one roar-sings :ru: while the other just roars. :disappointed:

At least they’re useful…

3 Likes

Tanks Drivers in North Africa: I don’t like sand, it’s course rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere.
I was rewatching The Great War and noticed Indy said this relating to British tank drivers in the Palestine Front and there was a picture of Anakin with the WW1 British.
The Italian Soldiers defending El Alamein as the Germans retreated:
The Italian soldiers felt a great disturbance in the force, and suddenly millions of grains of sand were driven over by British Tanks.
Another one for when the Allies attempt to go a bridge too far in Operation Market Garden:
Allied Paratroopers: I feel like I can take on the whole Empire myself
It’s also worth noting that some of the actors from Empire Strikes Back were in the movie A Bridge Too Far.

5 Likes

Axis: I have brought peace, freedom, justice and security to my new Empire!
Allies: Your new Empire?
Axis: Don’t make me kill you.
Allies: My allegiance is to democracy!
Axis: If you’re not with me, then you’re my enemy.
Allies: Only a Hitlerite deals in absolutes. I will do what I must.
Axis: You will try.

5 Likes

Axis at Pointe du Hoc: I have the high ground!

5 Likes

Americans: You underestimate my power!

4 Likes

My father to female war worker c. 1942

Dad: Are you an angel?
War worker: What?

The difference was he would only meet my mother 12 years later.

3 Likes

Cool I wonder: Do we also have a Candidate fot “I find your lack of faith disappointing?” :thinking::crazy_face:

2 Likes

If you change it to “disturbing”, then Stalin and the Axis, of course.

And, to a lesser extent, Roosevelt.

2 Likes

Is blitzkreig stronger?
No, no, no. Quicker. Easier. More seductive.

4 Likes

Japan on December 6th 1941: You underestimate my power!
America: Don’t try it!
Japan: does Pearl Harbor
America: Mobilizes, pushes Japanese navy back into Japan, drops atom bombs on Japan
America: You were my trading partner! I loved you!

4 Likes

Have you ever watched Dambusters?

3 Likes

Hitler starts the invasion of France…

Hitler : Now this is pod racing.

2 Likes

wait is that a true story… or did you make it to fit the memes?

2 Likes

Yes, the bombing run and the Death Star trench run have pretty much the same dialogue

2 Likes

You want to hear something good. Not sure about the date but I believe on 12th February 1943 , Eighth Army crossed Libyan-Tunisian border , entered Tunisia and liberated first Tunisian town , Foum Tattouine.

Yes , that Tatouine Tataouine - Wikipedia

Same location in Tunisia where George Lucas filmed outdoor locations of first Star Wars movie in 1976 , Episode IV - A New Hope and later named it as Luke Skywalker’s home planet. So General Bernard Montgomery liberated Luke Skywalker’s home planet.

3 Likes

A little bit of both. My father did meet several female war workers (through my grandmother) and he was awed by their beauty, but he never actually asked “Are you an angel?”. That was what he thought, not asked.

5 Likes

Yes… Steiners glorious attack

3 Likes

Apart from lots of actual World War 2 planes this movie stars the Jedi Master and his Spitfire when he is trying to use the force to find the Axis Convoy on its way with fuel to Rommel.

British WW2 Movie Malta Story 1953 Alec Guinness Jack Hawkins Anthony Steel :-), No spoilers here!

2 Likes