80 years after Midway

Great question and new info

7 Likes

Parshall offers great context and insights on everything he talks about-thank you for sharing this!

3 Likes

What I love about Parshall is he has humor (see the cocktail) and gives credits to authors who nuance the points of his book. A true very entertaining scientist who also can deal with the logistics of operations.

3 Likes

Here is another on on the Channel of Tomcat backseater Ward Carrol. (I thought the Tomcats only appeared around Pearl Harbor? :face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking::clown_face:). One thing what was new to me is that the gunner stowed the gun before the dive and faced forwards calling out altitudes. Hoping the pressure setting is ok. Everything You Didn't Know About the Battle of Midway (with Hozer) - YouTube

4 Likes

He’s a good presenter of game changing facts. I saw a Parshall lecture where I think he said he was an industrial engineer as an undergrad–he then goes into a really great detailed description of the different production approaches for tanks of the Soviets, Germans, US and how those approaches failed/mattered to ultimate victory-- good stuff

2 Likes