1931 02 The Manchurian Incident Japan and China on a path to war

Author: Not Decided

Please post any ideas or research for this episode that you want to contribute in this topic. If the episode hasn’t been assigned to an author yet, you can note your intent to write in the string too, and we will contact you to discuss.

2 Likes

Sparticus I can help with this one. I am interested in China during this period.

1 Like

@sraweber369 Scott that would be great - for us this is somewhat tough territory as our depth of knowledge before 1939 is more focused on the western hemisphere.

I’m a lot more knowledgeable about western history too, but I did some digging on the Mukden Incident & I found some sources that hopefully you find helpful.

1st, I have an article from Encyclopedia Britannica that gives an overview of the subject & talks a little bit about Prime Minister Wakatsuki Reijirō’s reaction to it.

2nd, is an article from World War II Database. The site was founded by WWII enthusiast C. Peter Chen & is listed on the Library of Congress E-Resources Online Catalog.

3rd & 4th, I have articles on how the Incident effected American-Japanese relations from the US Department of State & www.globalsecurity.org.

Finally, from the Japan Times, I have an opinion piece by Jeff Kingston, a professor at Temple University’s Tokyo campus about how the Mukden Incident is remembered in Japan today.

If you find any of these sources unreliable, let me know & I won’t send you anything more from them. Good luck on the episode!:smile:

3 Likes