What were Germany's Thoughts of losing the war?

Nemesis focuses on telling the story of Hitler and everything that went on around him and because of him.
The End focuses specifically on why Germany kept fighting, and does not focus all that much on Hitler though he obviously features :wink:

1 Like

The thing is. Surviving members of the High Command never really answered such questions, at least not on paper.

During the war they will not publicly have posed such questions, for it would have been bad for a) short term career prospects or b) long term health.

After the war their primary interest was to blame all war crimes on the SS.

I very much doubt any of them, during, say 1943 or 1944, outright told Hitler “hey dude, we ain’t winning this” and followed up demanding a plan in case of defeat.

1 Like

It strange that the Germans never did plan for losing the war because the Japanese did. When it was clear they were going to lose the war they started insolating the Emperor of Japan and broadcasting that he had nothing to do with it. The Japan Empire was still able to remain in power and to this day Japan still has an Emperor.

1 Like

Well I recognised 2 distinct .thinking patterns here

Well with the Christians fighting “Gods war against the Jews” How can they lose? As everyone is a sinner the people who die get a ticket to heaven.

I know that if you are not deeply religious and cannot comprehend this logic, maybe at least accept this as their logic. I don’t want to bring up today but recently some horrible violent terrorists came up in e.g. Middle East. Also to the great chagrin of many many more NON violent religious counterparts who hate them.

Breisach, Historiography actually includes Christian historiography in his scientific book. As an atheist their logic of the World having a
1 Beginning
2 Middle
3 End with resurrection of the “good dead”etc.

It is not accepting but understanding this logic train of thoughts which was rammed into these people from a very early age. The gott mit uns/god with us were not fashion statements. There are numerous religious people who supported the Shoah and “The Jews killed Christ myth”.

The second train of irrational thought (thinking pattern) is Unbermensch subversion of Darwinism

Simple that is The Wevelsburg Temple survival of the aryan strongest. The “good” Germans failed Hitler an forfeited their right to survive as they were not the master race after all. Hitler said this.

Finally I am not trying to bash moderate church visitors. Fine if people privately and non violently believe in an afterlife. However the ticket to an eternal heaven is abused by scammers too often.

PS Marsattacks posted also excellent works there are multiple reasons, not one.

1 Like

That doesn’t make any sense to me. But anyways… Thanks for trying to answer the question. I appreciate it.

1 Like