War in China 1937 to 1945

I was wondering if Indy, Spartacus or the staff could identify the books or sources consulted on the History of the war in China. I found the videos very informative. However, I could not find the works utilized for the videos. Thank you very much.

2 Likes

I have to look further for sources used in their latest videos (if they’re not the same ones used already), but in their older videos, they had referenced:

• Rana Mitter’s Forgotten Ally: China’s World War II, 1937-1945

• Lyman P. van Slyke’s The Battle of the Hundred Regiments: Problems of Coordination and Control during the Sino-Japanese War

• Hans van de Ven’s China at War: Triumph and Tragedy in the Emergence of the New China 1937-1952

• Dick Wilson’s When Tigers Fight: The Story of the Sino-Japanese War, 1937-1945

…among others. I might have to update this list soon.

3 Likes

Thank you very much. I will find this very helpful. One of the things I like about the Time Ghost Army is that they do provide bibliographical information.

2 Likes

Well, not always. The sources in the description haven’t been updated in a while, and some of the sources are a little shady, so it’s important to watch out and examine closely.

I appreciate your comments, however :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank for your honesty. Take care.

1 Like

I’ve criticized them before, so it’s all good :slight_smile:

1 Like

From 1941 to be precise.

2 Likes