The valiant Defenders of Ukraine

“Since the start of the second phase of the special operation…one of the tasks of the Russian army is to establish full control over the Donbas and southern Ukraine,” Major General Rustam Minnekaev told Russian news agencies.

I didn’t translate what you said so that might be the same but this isn’t denazification, it’s a straight up land grab.

Stop sending them stingers and javelins, start sending them tomahawks and change the equation.

1 Like

Well if this gun is the equivalent to the Paladin, it packs a hell of a punch. Rapid on target artillery delivery in a Mobile platform. Should be quite useful. Modern artillery can be scarily accurate and the different kind of rounds are so much more than even a couple decades ago.

1 Like

It replaced an older version of the M109 Paladin in the Bundeswehr.

According to my Dutch wikipedia page it’s a heck of a lot better than the old versions of the Paladin. It has better range, better armor and protection, better mobility and a higher rate of fire

1 Like

Is it true that most of NATO countries have been fascist/nazi at some point and that NATO itself had commanders that were Nazi?

For pragmatic reasons, more or less.

1 Like

It seems that NATO was not really a defense organization and that Nazis were part of it from the get go - Unthinkable.

The plan called for a massive Allied assault on 1 July 1945 by British, American, Polish and German – yes German – forces against the Red Army.

Nato was only a couple of years from be dissolved , Putins lapdog in the whitehouse spent 4 years trying to stop Nato and in Europe there has been talk for years of disbanding Nato because it cost a lot of money and why would we ever need it again , the USSR is no more s there is no real reason to have a defence pact.
Yes there was a dangerous nuttjob in the kremlin who keeps on talking about needing to invade counties to defend against Nato but he would not be so crazy to really invade a soverain nation
Oh right he is that crazy and it turns out we do still need Nato

And yes in the west there are a some of Nuttjobs who identify themself als Nazi but most are to dumb to even know what that means
And the one downside of a democracy with freedoms is that even nuttjobs have the freedom to express themself ( as long as they stay within the law)

By when? I don’t see any articles, just politicians who are in any country not trustworthy saying that NATO should have been dissolved

1 Like

The US and Canada providing M 777 systems and France providing CAESAR it seems improving their artillery is a very high priority of the Ukranians.
From the Kiev Independent:
“In his nightly address, President Volodymyr Zelensky thanked Ukraine’s partners who “finally heard” Ukraine’s requests for weapons. Zelensky said the arms will save the lives of thousands of people and show Russia the day they will be forced to leave Ukraine is approaching.”

If the Ukrainians are serious about liberating Ukraine, they are going to have to take the war over the border at some point. Striking 50-100 miles inside Russia to isolate the troops in Ukraine. This is what NATO would do as well and which is why the no fly zone was always going to lead to a wider war.

But yes the modern artillery is a good sign. And more drones for accurate placement of that artillery will be key.

Did the Soviets have any? Because I think they had German scientists who were working for the nazis? So why not recruit Nazis in the army, air force to help out?

Unfortunately, my phone will not Allow to paste the link. But search up… German scientists in soviet rocket program.

2 Likes

But wouldn’t that trigger the article 4 of the CSTO which is pretty much the same as article 5 of NATO?

In 1945 there was no NATO.

Operation unthinkable was never a plan passed Churchill little staff. The forces which would have done the work never even looked at it as they were too busy deploying to Asia. In fact the Russians were doing the same. The German divisions were all POW’s as they had unconditionally surrendered.

But you are right in that in 1945 there was not a defensive alliance it was all about victory. But again, that was not NATO.

1 Like

Maybe so but tell me how else you win freedom for all of Ukraine? If you want Russian troops to leave they can’t have a secure supply line and place where they can reorganize in peace.

1 Like

Russia started the war , I do not know the article of the CSTO and it maybe that it could trigger.
Are the CSTO members not all puppets of the Russian regime so would it make any difference?

When a Nato member starts the aggression there is no obligation to help this includes when the war goes bad for the Nato member.

2 Likes

Take the crimiean penisula and threaten the oil pipelines?And force the Russians to sue for peace.

I know i know … not exactly a new strategy and i can’t say it will work because I am not a military strategist

1 Like

If it is pretty much the same, it would not. A NATO country failing in a war of agression can not invoke Article 5.

1 Like

I think that is a fine plan but like you, I don’t know the nuts and bolts of what it would take. I hope they find something otherwise the strategy is to make them bleed and it’s not Putin’s blood.

1 Like