The valiant Defenders of Ukraine

Germany is the lead nation of the NATO battlegroup. The Brigade Commander explaining details:

Ironically Latvia would like a permanent Canadian presence in their country as well. Currently Canada leads a battle group in that country with no end date and Latvian officials would like to make it a permanent presence in their country as well and has opened lines of communication with Canada about this possibility.

2 Likes

Lituania has a mechanized brigade with heavy eq from NL/GE, a motorized brigade and a (reserve) light infantry brigade. They use the Vilkas IFW (30 mm Bushmaster + Eurospike) and the PzH 2000 for mechanized artillery.

1 Like

From the Latvian side it makes perfect sense, because the Canadians have propper winters. And after Butcha they realy do not want to be “liberated as soon as possible”. A statement from Estonia, but a common view of the Baltic Nations:

1 Like

For a long time it was not relevant what Germany or EU did. There was Britain there to control events. Now, it is direct exercise of occupying power.

You can also consult the UN Charter.

Urging ethic Russians to leave the land of their ancestors is equivalent to the pathway that led to Nazi’s final solution. Are those European values these days?

This is by president, regime and policies that West supported and has armed for years. At the same time faked negotiations about peace, autonomy and protection of ethnic Russians.

1 Like

Both sides using old equipment not just Russia. Makes me glad we have all the old M1’s in storage.

2 Likes

The M55 S is updated (by Israelis) to a NATO tank with NATO sights and the NATO L7 gun. This tanks may be better for training then for combat, but Israel has a long history of recycling Soviet and even Sherman tanks to remain usefull on the battlefield.

2 Likes

Totally agree. He didnt say whether they were being used for combat or training so it could be either. Seems to be some discussions of using older tanks in an indirect fire role which they might be fine at. Just don’t expect them to go up against enemy tanks and anti tank systems.

3 Likes

While it’s difficult to ascertain what each side is using for tanks as both the Ukrainians and Russians are fairly tight lipped about it but there are some known factors.

-The Ukrainians have stated and has been verified that the older style tanks that they use or capture tend to be used as artillery in stationary points as they are more effective than in actual tank to tank battles.

-Ukrainian forces have recently been seen showing off captured Russian WW2 and Korean War anti aircraft systems and old outdated radar systems that they say the Russians have been using.

-it has been documented that Russia has been seen moving WW2 era T34 tanks on trains from storage to military bases throughout the western part of Russia. As of yet none of these tanks have been seen on the front lines but reportedly as many as 400 T34s have been removed from storage.

——-

What is known is nobody really knows how many tanks either side have remaining in combat although it is suspected that Ukraine has an advantage in tactical superiority over Russian tanks with several estimates putting Russia losing as many as 10 tanks to one Ukrainian tank.

The other big unknown is how Ukraine will use the western supplied tanks with them receiving around 80 tanks in the last 2 weeks. If they choose to use them in a localized front along with the AFVs they’ve received it is very possible they can achieve a very deep penetration into russian occupied territory. However if they choose to use them over a broader front success will likely be varied and localized.

Basically everybody from the western powers to the Russian and Chinese forces are waiting to see what the Ukrainians will do with the supplied tanks and AFVs. One thing is certain though Ukrainian forces have so far used unconventional tactics with great success thus far.

2 Likes

No Jets, no MBTs but very sober about how to save lifes in Ukraine:

The T34s used for the victory parades in Moscow had been North Korean tanks, as far as I know. There has not been Soviet/Russian T34s in storage. North Korea is the country that operates T54/55s and has T34s in service or in storage.

1 Like

Putin is genociding Ukrainians and you once again try to turn the situation around entirely. Extraordinary to what depths of utter dishonesty you are willing to stoop in order to justify Putin’s ethnical cleansing of eastern Ukraine.

And here’s another one. The Russian Federation is the only one violating an actual existing international agreement cq treaty. They said they’d respect Ukraine’s borders, and they’re not.

I guess it isn’t surprising since you probably defended Serbia’s attempt to ethnically cleanse large tracts of Bosnia with a view to seizing the territory for Serbia. Ethnic cleansers stick together, eh?

1 Like

Unlike you, I have provided documents to support my claims. There are many more documents of past few decades that clearly show that artificial creation of Ukrainian nation is taking place through genocidal processes on Russian and Russian speaking population.

Interestingly, twenty years ago Ukrainian president Kuchma has published a book in Russian (because he couldn’t write proper Ukrainian) in Russia, claiming that Ukrainian nation doesn’t exist, that it only needs to be created. It’s hard to commit a genocide on the nation that doesn’t exist, but it is clear that Russians didn’t stand in the way of Ukrainian identity. Not until the moment they started threatening Russia and Russians.

“We have created Ukraine, and now it is time to create Ukrainians,” Kuchma said, emphasizing that Russia has nothing to fear from an independent Ukraine.
“Russia will always have its representative in Kyiv,” Kuchma said. “Any Ukrainian president will be Russia’s man, because Ukrainians won’t stand for anything else.”
Kuchma described the subject of Ukrainian-Russian relations as a “mine of information” about which thousands of books could be written.
Flanked by Russia’s ambassador to Ukraine, Viktor Chernomyrdin, Kuchma explained that he had written the book in Russian.
“I still can’t write freely in Ukrainian. I can speak fluently, but not in the kind of Ukrainian that our writers curse me in,” Kuchma said.
Kuchma’s book was issued by Moscow’s Vremya publishing house, which agreed to pay the author a 10-percent royalty.

I have already explained that Serbs are the only nation in ex-Yugoslavia that were not allowed self-determination. Ethnic cleansing of Serbs was going on for the whole existance of Yugoslavia (Serbs are the only ones that had state before WWI - actually two states, Serbia and Montenegro), since the end of WWI. It was especially intense during WWII when when Ustashe in Coratia and Bosnia and Albanian Balists in Kosovo-Metohija and Albania.

You can re-read previous post on the same subject, repetition is mother of learning:

I have also posted before about similarities of US’s actions in causing both civil wars, in Bosnia and Ukraine. In both cases sides have already had signed agreements on peaceful solutions, only to get intervention of US that mislead one side into believing that they can get more, only to lose what they had at the end.

Interesting recordings of what happened in Bucha. Caution, not for everyone’s taste.

Watched both videos entirely. No subtitles so no context to understand. Looks peaceful. Got more context from the few comments in English. Basic propaganda is their side bad our side good. Believe 1/2 of what you see and none of what you hear and you will be as close to the truth as ever.

How many bodies did you count laying on the streets?

Not enough to raise any red flags. It was a war zone.
Bucha massacre - Wikipedia.

To be honest, I can’t identify it as Bucha because I can’t read the signs or understand the talking. If something bad happened there it has been cleaned up. I saw no where near 78 bodies. I’ll take your word it’s Bucha but it could have been one of 100 towns across Ukraine or Georgia or Armenia.

1 Like

The part about how the Russian disinformation is working and has worked in the US and Europe is very well explained:

1 Like

Those are Ukrainian sources. First video is of camera following “Nacional Police” special force unit “Safari” published on 3rd April 2022. Second video is by Ukrainian war reporter who used video by Ukrainian Military Headquarter (Генеральний штаб ЗСУ) from 2nd April 2022.

Me think that both of those would not fail to show dozens of bodies on the streets as reported in following days.

Things just don’t add up.

1 Like