Spartacus, this question has been a deep one. Why did the Allies, especially America, did not do anything to combat racism in their armies?

Days like this, wish we had a time machine.

1 Like

Definitely farther left.

1 Like

That’s what I like about him, although he could’ve done a lot more. Both from a health issue (yk cuz he didn’t live to see yk) and government side. But we see why, so I understand that part now

2 Likes

I don’t. Though if I did have a time machine, I would go back to the late '80s :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Probably '42 and stop Roosevelt from running again to save his strength. Then go at it again when he’s fully strengthened

1 Like

The media did a good job covering for his failing health.

Speaking of political matters, accusations of racial prejudice were even in 1940 used for political purposes:

1 Like

Frankly I don’t. I see him as an authoritarian.

1 Like

No wonder why FDR won the third term in a huge landslide

1 Like

It depends on who sees his terms. He helped a lot with the New Deal (albeit it didn’t help everyone), managed to bounce back from the depression, could’ve done more if Japan didn’t attack us, but history only know

2 Likes

That was a false accusation on their part. Yes, Willkie’s hometown was a sundown town of sorts (not really), but Willkie himself wasn’t prejudiced.

And FDR won because of the war and Willkie’s policy similarities to FDR’s.

1 Like

The 1946 Depression called.

I never seen him as racist (the candidate). But I felt he wasn’t really a strong president for WW2

He did do much, just not in the way our Founding Fathers would be proud of, at least in terms of governing the nation.

1 Like

Happens after a big war, so that’s a pass

Them old boys wouldn’t approve of how blacks was freed, so I won’t be mad at FDR

Not just the war, the New Deal programs had to be rolled back to allow the economy to bounce back.

So what if the Founding Fathers had those beliefs? Doesn’t change the fact that their preferred way to govern doesn’t match with FDR. No matter the race, you can’t deny that.

This why I was kinda also against Truman being VP, but I still wish he made those bills into deep laws. But we still have the issue of race. And Britain and France during WW2

I mean true. Then again, they didn’t know anything about running a government that’ll change economy and what not too. I’m loving this thread

Wallace was worse as VP. A useful idiot for the Soviets, he was.

Also, the 1946 midterms gave the Republicans Congressional control.