Prayer for peace and wisdom 2022

Sometimes opportunity forces your hand. Hitler told his generals to be ready by 1944. Oops

I’m not predicting Taiwan, no feel for it but things happen.

It does seem everyone knew Ukraine was coming

2 Likes

Everyone says Putin is no Hitler. There is only one Hitler, one Stalin, one Mao, one Pol Pot etc.

Putin is a conniving evil politician who has goals of a greater Russian empire with him at its head. He doesn’t care how many die to make it happen.

The west has been weak. We stupidly gave Ukraine assurances in the 90’s that if they gave up their nukes, we would help keep them secure. Our assurances were not worth a plug nickel. Ukraine was foolish to believe us.

Let’s hope planes don’t start straying into Polish airspace.

2 Likes

Is it me or is Josef Stalin back in the world…I see history repeating itself with the Winter War happening again…

2 Likes

I can see that happening. Putin is basically senile at this point and believes his own propaganda about the Ukrainians not wanting to fight and that their government was installed by the CIA etc. And his advisors are nothing more than geek yes-men that will never question his decision.

I do not know the mental or physical capacity of Putin so I think stating that he is senile is not something I would do.
I do think he is someone who is dangerous and I do not think there many in Russia who are brave enough to disagree with him or go against him and expect to stay out of prison.
Unlike Stalin he seems to only kill those who he can not imprison

An excellent video from 2015 explains the Ukraine situation by Professor John Mearsheimer from the University of Chicago. The title of his talk is “Why is Ukraine the West’s fault”.

2 Likes

Strafing into Polish airspace would be a dangerous escalation. Denmark has just deployed F-16s to Poland with a “shoot and kill on sight” instruction. No more playing games and cat vs, mouse. This is the real thing.

1 Like

Yes, the US has fighters there as well and sending or sent 8,000 members of our 82nd airborne to Poland.

Might need some warthogs too.

1 Like

Felton has a timely vid Ukrainian SS Mutiny - France 1944 - YouTube

3 Likes

Fantastic story. mark Felton always finds the real gems not seen elsewhere.

2 Likes

Hello,
Putin has changed Germany. Green politicians insisting Germany needs an Army, lethal weapons are moving to Ukraine. Our Green minister: “We awakend in a New World”
Putin has destroied pacifist Germany.
I confident that we are not the Germans you remmember from the past, but we are the Germans you want to build a furure together.
Gerhard

4 Likes

Great points also suddenly nordstream is stopped which is what Poland and some others including Trump wanted. Not buying energy from war mongers and also going green has benefits whether you are left or right.

So far we have a pandemic and a war during our WW2. Mmmm….hope the rest of the horsemen get lost :disappointed:. Oh Germany and many other countries are much better since wo2.

2 Likes

Yeahh, Indy asked what next: Korea, Vietnam, Irak, Afghanistan. Who have thought that Ukraine should be added to that list.

Seems to me that Russia are bogging themselves down in a WW2 Finland winter war style. A million determined Ukrainians armed with anti tank and air defense capabilities in their home country, was surely not what Putin had hoped for.

And Ukraine have put up a fight no one have dreamed of.

2 Likes

Winter war? This is a far cry from Finland. More like very cold mud bath and if you get off the roads, not good for fast progress.

Bogging down for sure but how much is western propaganda and how much is real. It seems to Russia is not to scary boogeyman they were thought to be.

Notes I have seen that make me go hmm include

-It seems that their logistics do not match their ambitions. Shortage in the first days are major screwups…

-The attack from so many different points seems to leave them short air support and artillery support for the frontline units.

• the Russian soldier does not seem to be adept at night fighting which points to training and equipment issues.

• Russian morale appears poor while Ukrainian morale is holding up.

• Russia has done nothing to isolate the country via Cyberoffensives. These livestream and news reports help Ukraine win the public support war.

• the Russian draftee army does not compare well to the training of the western professional soldiers.

None of what I said above may be totally right but this is just what I have seen and would welcome any discussion and correction.

If TimeGhost feels this is straying off topic and wishes this to end, I certainly understand.

Stay safe everyone.

1 Like

I believe you are right. It helps that Ukraine also just needs to survive. The longer it goes on, the better their position will be.

Not sure what is real and what is propaganda. From a PsyOps perspective I can see that the Ukraine needs to portray victories to keep up morale. The Russians also portray victories.

Maybe I am the only one but what worries me is the eagerness of the Western politicians to start sending heaps of weapons meant to kill Russian troops. I am all for helping the Ukraine but going head to head with a nuclear power controlled by an ex-KGB guy?

In my school AMU the Clausewitz quote " War is Diplomacy by other means" Actually is a warning also in his time that war tends to get out of hand and leaves the democratic track. A modern example would be Afghanistan with the “why again are we here after 20 years feeling ?”. World War is another example where the hate and the blind fanaticism became more and more idiotic.

If Russia wins the West in enraged if Russia loses Russia is enraged. If it goes forever with escalation after escalation and weapons companies adding fuel to the fire the situation hardens and escalates into…?.

I for one don’t really trust the competence of politicians on both sides who have put their careers on the line!

Feel free to disagree. The only positive thing I see happening is that many Russians who supported Putin in 2015 now disagree with him. In the sense that protecting the Russian speaking minority is one thing, launching a vicious war goes way to far!

:frowning:

2 Likes

The longer Ukraine holds on, the more likely that Putin is finished. That is why we support Ukraine.

3 Likes

Ok…i don’t see how Putin is finished… the man is rich… so even if he cut off from his European holdings . He still has enough money to last him a lifetime.

Plus… It is Russia so even if he embezzels some money… no one is gonna notice.

But with Russia invading Ukraine any chance of persuading Ukraine not to join NATO went out of the window. He needs to win otherwise he is screwed.

2 Likes

I agree that the weakening of Russian dissent is a very good thing. Putin clamping down on it might have the opposite effect if he can’t put a successful conclusion to the Ukraine operation.

NATO seems very popular again and everyone is congratulating themselves on their support for Ukraine. If it settles down, great but the west and NATO don’t deserve praise for their handling of this.

The only praise I see deserved is the average Ukraine citizen who says fuck you to Russia. They have my respect.

Well maybe this too:
Elon Musk activatin and accelerating Starlink service to Ukraine. It is so much harder to stop information flow these days.

1 Like

I just saw Ukraine has agreed to peace talks to be held on the border of Belarus. No preconditions the article said

1 Like