2022 History Film Season

Bad news, I can’t come for the screenings until Sunday (some delays and extra stuff at work) but I really want to stream it for you guys.

2 Likes

I’ll take it from here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And when I come back Sunday, we’ll have a discussion on the film (because (1) it’s one of my favorite Spielberg films and (2) the real story behind Abagnale’s shenanigans and the way he embellished it in his book is quite interesting).

Fun fact: Abagnale himself makes a cameo, ironically as an officer arresting Leo’s Abagnale. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

1h to go

1 Like

Zack it is frozen on my end.

Catch Me If You Can has finished, next week it’s Zulu.

3 Likes

Because of technical difficulties, June 24 has changed from The Year of Living Dangerously to The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp.

2 Likes

NOW SHOWING

gettyimages-1137182448-2048x2048

1964 | 138 minutes

Outnumbered British soldiers do battle with Zulu warriors at Rorke’s Drift.

2 Likes

Sad news

2 Likes

3 Likes
2 Likes

1 hour to go!

1 Like

30 minutes to go!

1 Like

Zulu has finished, next week it’s Stalingrad.

3 Likes

I’m going to try to use my laptop for the next screening. The main problem is the booting up part which takes ages. I think its a RAM or hard-drive issue.

2 Likes

NOW SHOWING

1993 | 134 minutes

The story follows a group of German soldiers, from their Italian R&R in the summer of 1942 to the frozen steppes of Soviet Russia and ending with the battle for Stalingrad.

2 Likes

1 hour to go!

30 minutes to go!

1 Like

Stalingrad has finished, next week it’s Amigo.

2 Likes

Looks like another big freeze is coming to my neck of the woods. I’ll plan on making it, but if I don’t show up for the chat or movie, that’s probably why.

2 Likes