History Film Screenings

All Quiet has been finished, next week it’s Hamburger Hill.

2 Likes

Tomorrow’s screening on Kosmi:

locandina

1987 | R | 110 min (1h 50min)

“A brutal and realistic war film focuses on the lives of a squad of 14 U.S. Army soldiers of B Company, 3rd Battalion, 187th Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division during the brutal 10 day (May 11-20, 1969) battle for Hill 937 in the A Shau Valley of Vietnam as they try again and again to take the fortified hill held by the North Vietnamese, and the faults and casualties they take every time in which the battle was later dubbed “Hamburger Hill” because enemy fire was so fierce that the fusillade of bullets turned assaulting troops into shredded hamburger” - Sourced from IMDb

3 Likes

Movie starts in 15 mins, come in for a pre-movie chat.

3 Likes

Movie’s finished, next week it’s No Man’s Land.

3 Likes

Tomorrow’s screening on Kosmi

No Man’s Land

V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL

2001 | R | 97 min (1h 37min)

“Bosnia and Herzegovina, 1993: The time of the heaviest fighting between the warring sides. Two soldiers from these opposing sides in the conflict, Nino and Ciki, become trapped in no man’s land, whilst a third soldier becomes a living booby trap.”

3 Likes

We’re starting in 15 minutes.

2 Likes

No Man’s Land has finished, next week we have The Pianist.

3 Likes

Tomorrow’s screening on Kosmi:

The Pianist

2002 | R | 150 min (2h 30min)

“During WWII, acclaimed Polish musician Wladyslaw faces various struggles as he loses contact with his family. As the situation worsens, he hides in the ruins of Warsaw in order to survive.”

3 Likes

Movie starts in 15 minutes.

2 Likes

The Pianist is finished, next week it’s The Lives of Others

2 Likes

Can we have one on the weekend when I don’t have class?

2 Likes

Which day exactly? Friday?

Are you available for Tuesday’s private screenings?

1 Like

Friday is good. Tuesday is not.

2 Likes

I’ll discuss it with Zach when The Long Good Friday is screened.

'Cause, next week, it’ll be one of my favorite films that’s about to be screened.

1 Like

BTW, are Fridays for private screenings or public?

If it’s the former, what day do you then suggest for public screenings?
If it’s the latter, same question, for private screenings.

3 Likes

When’s the movie today?

2 Likes

Tomorrow, actually. The thing is this was the acceptable time available for us to see the film. You can chat with us today though 8:30 GMT (3:30 ET) if you’re free of course. We’re still debating whether Fridays would be a good replacement for Saturdays.

BTW, the film we’ll be watching is The Lives of Others. The Secretary screening comes Tuesday but if you’re not available for that, tell me when so that I can show you the film myself, similar to what I did with Marcus for One Hour Photo.

2 Likes

If you are coming to chat with us on Kosmi, please do. When entering, you can either log on or don’t (logging on would be easier for me to call you though).

When on chat, say “Keith and Troy” for confirmation. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@klkevelson1 20 minutes to go, let’s chat at 3:30 ET. Zach is also joining us.

1 Like

Tomorrow on Kosmi:

The Lives of Others

499247958_415bc5df68_b

2006 | R | 137 min (2h 17min)

“In 1984 East Berlin, an agent of the secret police, conducting surveillance on a writer and his lover, finds himself becoming increasingly absorbed by their lives.”

2 Likes